Broke???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke???

2004 fx4 4x4 auto....Ok I got stuck up in some mud yesterday. and I mean stuck well anyway i tried real hard to get out but I dont think I pushed the tranny as hard as I could well anyway at one point 4x4 was acting like it was stuck I couldnt get the tire to turn it was like I was holding the breaks.....well after that "trans fault" showed up on the dash....well it sat over night and today it seemed to be working fine when we started to try to get it out.....but it started doing it again...it would go backwards in 4 wheem drive and both in 2 wheel drive but it was just pushing the front tires they were not turning......well finally after a min working it......it jsut kinda poped loose and it was working fine.....so I guess my question is .....was it just mud making it stick because it was covered with mud.........or did I break something?????

Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh well alot of help this site is

Old 01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry I was late getting to this post. I don't spend my time lurking in the tranny section waiting for some noob to post about his problems. It could be that the mud was so thick that it kept the wheels from turning. In that instance it would be wise to use 4lo as it multiplies the torque to the wheels. Did you have an instance where the vehicle was in 4x4 and only the rear wheels were turning?

JMC

Old 01-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
If you were stuck, how bad lol - How high was the water? Well, you got some help, your not even here ...

Last edited by jbrew; 01-15-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by JMC
Sorry I was late getting to this post. I don't spend my time lurking in the tranny section waiting for some noob to post about his problems. It could be that the mud was so thick that it kept the wheels from turning. In that instance it would be wise to use 4lo as it multiplies the torque to the wheels. Did you have an instance where the vehicle was in 4x4 and only the rear wheels were turning?

JMC
yes at some point only the back tire were moving and the fronts werent even turing they were just locked up...... and the only reason i wrote that other post was because i was just a little agravatied ...I am taking my truck in to the shop tomorrow to see what was wrong with it

Quick Reply: Broke???