4r70w valve bodies.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4r70w valve bodies.

I was wondering if it is ok to use a car, ie: mustang valvebody in a truck? I was reading and found that the 99 mustang is supposed to be the best valvebody to use, but didn't know if this was true for the trucks.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it might make your shift patterns different right?? you might have to some reprogramming.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Thats weird, I've always read and heard that the MUSTANG guys swap to the F-150 4R70-W's due to their stronger.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:43 PM
I was reading the post over at TCCOA about the jmod, written I believe by the guy that invented the jmod. He wrote,"There are various valves and springs different between the two,and the car main control is peferred over the truck one.Recommended part number of main control to start with for ALL aplications XW7Z-7A100-CA." Where I am confused is that I tried one of these with my o/h on a 98 f-150, and I am having less than stellar results. I also installed it with a factory tech plate, so I don't know if that is where the problem lies. It might also be a programming/calibration also, Dunno, but it being a pain.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Properly modified car valvebody >Truck valvebody

If you want a truck valvebody to work great put a Factory Tech kit in it.
Alan

Old 01-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
If you want a truck valvebody to work great put a Factory Tech kit in it.
Alan
x2! Lurv mine!!!

Since mine's a '99, I only needed the separator plate. Installed it as follows as suggested by a learned member of the forum

The best setup I have found is to install the plate as normal, install the brown spring into the upper 1-2 accumulator and remove the spring from the 2-3 accumulator then install it into the lower of the 1-2 accumulator. I spoke with Gregg about it he was thinking about adding the spring because he doesn't like the idea of having to reuse it. I'm fine with reusing it. If you leave the lower spring out of the 1-2 it will shift hard.

Shifts are now like Ford should have done it from the factory.... like a truck, not a Lincoln Town Car. Crisp but not too firm. If the full valve-body swap does the same thing, then I would suggest it.

Andy

Quick Reply: 4r70w valve bodies.