O.K. to suck fluid out dipstick tube?

Old 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O.K. to suck fluid out dipstick tube?

03 F150 5.4. I did a filter change and drain and refill at 30,000. I did not install a drain plug. What do you guys think about sucking out and replaceing a couple quarts out of the dipstick tube every 10,000 miles or so for the rest of the trucks life instead of doing a drain and refill again. Do you really think that the filter will ever get plugged up? Yes, I can get lazy from time to time!!!

Old 01-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fishx65
03 F150 5.4. I did a filter change and drain and refill at 30,000. I did not install a drain plug. What do you guys think about sucking out and replaceing a couple quarts out of the dipstick tube every 10,000 miles or so for the rest of the trucks life instead of doing a drain and refill again. Do you really think that the filter will ever get plugged up? Yes, I can get lazy from time to time!!!
I am with you there man! It is tough sometimes to do all that stuff. IMO I would do your suggestion once or twice but never skip the drain and replace for good. Also depends on your driving habits. Hard 4 wheeling or towing may warrant changing more often. Daily commute in light traffic, not so much.

As a side note, depending on the warrantee you have, it could void it, so be careful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: O.K. to suck fluid out dipstick tube?