tranny's out

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny's out

my transmission has been slippin really bad since i changed the fluid several months ago,and tonight it finally died.it was slipping pretty bad when i got to work this mornin,and when i left.i made it a few miles and after stopping at a red light it would barely move.i pulled in a church parking lot and now it won't go into any gear.at first it would barely move then nothin.then i tried puttin it in 4 low to get to a store down the road and it moved for a minute then nothin.it won't even tr to go into any gear now.it was shuddering before i pulled in the parking lot.that and it not going into ANY gear is making me hope its the torque converter and its not completely screwed.i did find some metal strands and shavings when i changed the fluid again about a month ago and put the factory tech seperator plate in hoping that would help.any ideas?
it has been workin pretty good in firt but if i shifted manually into 2nd it wouldn't do anything but slip but worked ok if i left it in drive.it would also slip relly bad if i kicked it in anything but first.but most of the time after i hit about 70 and kicked it it would shift fine.

Last edited by way fast witey; 12-12-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Quick Reply: tranny's out