Flywheel Rubbing...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flywheel Rubbing...

Just had some extensive work done to my 02 F150 with a 4.6. New timing chains, guides, tensioners, oil pump, all related hardware etc. I pick up the truck and the mechanic tells me the flywheel is rubbing on the pressure plate. It was not doing this before the work was done, but he's stumped because he did not do anything to the back of the motor. Any idea's what might be causing this rubbing noise?

Old 12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Umm, I think you may be misinterpreting what they told you.... the pressure plate can't rub against the flywheel because it's bolted to the flywheel.

Have him check the separator plate and the inspection cover at the bottom of the trans. If either one is bent, it can rub the back of the flywheel.

-Joe

Old 12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its the probably the inspesction cover being rubbed, did a oil pan on my old dakota. same thing happened those covers bend easy.just sheet metal.unbolt the cover and pul it away see what happens.i had to shim mine with a few washers.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If they removed the oil pan to replace the oil pump they may have bent the plate.

JMC

Quick Reply: Flywheel Rubbing...