My truck not going into 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck not going into 4x4

Hi. I hope someone can help. I have a had a problem with my 4x4 not being engaged even though the dash lights up. I have taken it to a mechanic who told me to use it more, which I have always done, one month after being told it was just sticky from not being used it would not engage again. When I drive on the road I can't tell if it is or isn't, but when I get to the bottom of our camp I know it isn't and thats when I get screwed. Someone told me it could be a vacuum line but I havn't had time to look in my manual from Canadian Tire. Tahnks if you can help.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Safely lift the front wheels off the ground and engage 4x4. Engine running in Park. Then try turning the front drive shaft. If it doesn't turn the problem is in the front end. How's the weather in Barrie? Windsor was the hottest place in Canada on Wednesday. If it does turn try tapping the shift motor at the back of the t-case. Because the dash light works I suspect the front end but it could still be the t-case. Let us know what you find out.

JMC

Quick Reply: My truck not going into 4x4