UPDATE on my Transmission Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE on my Transmission Problems...

As some of you may know, my transmission just started giving me problems as stated in this post.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261817

Well a few local shops told me to try pulling the pan and looking at the fluid and seeing if anything was in it. My dad and I started pulling the pan, shortly afterwards i had to leave to go mow a lawn. I got back and saw the pan, there were no metal pieces/shavings in it, and the oil still has a redness color to it. The only thing was a plastic piece floating around in it. I have no idea what the name was but a buddy of my dad's said that there is definite possibility that this could be the problem. My dad is at the autoparts store right now getting a new filter etc...And to see what the deal is with that piece. I wish i could tell you what it is but i didnt get to see it for myself.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K another update now that dad's home.

Dad brought the little white plastic piece to the dealer and the guy at the dealer told dad that the factory puts it in the tube wehre the fluid goes to prevent any trash from getting in it during assembly. A.K.A throw it away. Secondly, in the pan there's a magnet that holds any metal pieces that happen to fall into the pan. There were only a few shavings stuck to the magnet, which the guy at the dealer said are most likely from breaking in the transmission. The guy at the dealer expected my dad to say that the buildup on the magnet was the size of his fist, but its teeny tiny. SO we bought a new filter and fluid getting ready to change all that. Ill let u guys know any updates.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't worry about the plastic piece. Thats the dummy plug that gets knocked into the pan during assembly by the dipstick. That shouldn't be your problem. Hope you get it figured out.

Quick Reply: UPDATE on my Transmission Problems...