factory tech valve body

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
factory tech valve body

i saw this on troyer and was wondering if anybody has this on there truck? lookin for some input on it

Old 10-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same here

Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Lots of L owners have them. They seem to like them, maybe one of them will give some input.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
What transmission are you refering to. I have installed many factory tech valvebodies and seperator plate kits. I specialize in the torque converters for either transmission and complete builds of the 4r70w/4r75 transmissions. I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know about those. The valvebodies in general are not available for most of the 4r70w transmissions (excluding early versions which still require a complete valvebody for strength reasons). The plate kit is a cheaper more effective modification which is completely reversable making the entire valvebody unnecesary.
Alan

Last edited by dirtyd0g; 11-01-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:22 PM
hey dirtydog i have a chip from mike on my truck when i put in the separator plate on should i see how it shifts or will i have to back down the pressure first thanks shawn

Old 11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
What transmission are you refering to. I have installed many factory tech valvebodies and seperator plate kits. I specialize in the torque converters for either transmission and complete builds of the 4r70w/4r75 transmissions. I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know about those. The valvebodies in general are not available for most of the 4r70w transmissions (excluding early versions which still require a complete valvebody for strength reasons). The plate kit is a cheaper more effective modification which is completely reversable making the entire valvebody unnecesary.
Alan
i have the 4r70 transmission. What exactly is the difference and where could i get a seperator from? Also do you know where i can get a torque converter from? i have a 2002 f150 with the 5.4

Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKBEAST02
i have the 4r70 transmission. What exactly is the difference and where could i get a seperator from? Also do you know where i can get a torque converter from? i have a 2002 f150 with the 5.4
I will send you a pm.

edit I tried you do not accept them, please email me alan at dirtydogperformance dot com

Last edited by dirtyd0g; 09-11-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I put one on mine, and my truck was noticeably firmer shifting. I even chirped into second gear once which is a lot considering the tank I'm driving. Apparently it serves to firm up shifts to keep the tranny clutch from engaging so long and creating heat without having to up the shift pressure and stressing the fluid pump. Heat is bad for tranny.
Anyway, I put it on myself with basic mechanic tools in my driveway. It was pretty easy, but messy with the fluid going everywhere despite trying to contain it. I love the kick in the pants it gives you during shifts, especially at WOT. I recommend it!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
My friend dirtydog ,Hello, I write from Venezuela, South America, I have a Ford F150 FX4 truck, 2007, 5.4L 3v, Whipple supercharger, 315/70R17 tires, my transmission has a overhaul kit with TCI. At present several problems: 1. - Circulating within the city at speeds of 40 mph, the speed changes effected as follows: first gear to overdrive or second gear to overdrive. On the road, after passing other vehicles and be circulating is not maintained at a constant speed but, automatically switches to overdrive, this causes my truck is "faint" lost torque and speed, to overcome a vehicle, or to circulate within the city are almost constantly accelerating background for this in the correct rpm. This causes great difficulty to move because there remains a steady rate but is faint accelerates.2. - Now on the other end, I'm speeding on the highway and does not handle the changes, I climbed up to 4300 rpm and does not handle changes in the second to third or fourth gear to third, I release the throttle and then makes the change. Now, the overhaul of TCI kit, I recommended it because it has the ring of Kevlar and other high quality components, but he brings a template to drill the valve body in order to make the changes more rapid, is what I mean and not cause premature wear of the transmission. My question is, and I need the sincerity because TCI did not get satisfactory answers: because to drill the valve body of the programming does not interpret the ideal and correct operation of the transmission and therefore becomes "crazy" and is necessary to replace the valve body, such as you, (If necessary I need to clarify the benefits and guarantees that I will get with this product), or is simply a programming problem that I can solve my SCT X3. Now, you talk in this forum that the change from The plate kit is more effective than changing the valvebody, aclareme about it, I will not go to jurisdiction but, if I need my transmission and excellent flow, make the correct changes , having the right pair, it does not become "crazy" with the changes, that is always at the correct speed for the road and if possible, not hits in the first change to second gear, presumably associated with the new size of the tires .If I change the valvebody, which suggests to me, I will rely on their knowledge of the subject. That suggests to me and how you can help me. Thank you.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:16 PM
How do you know which tranny you have? I've got a 2001 2wd with the 5.4l. I might have to look into this!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:02 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Look at the door jamb sticker. Trans code "U" is 4R70W, trans code "E" is 4R100.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Got it, it's a U. Thanks for the help man!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have had the Factory Tech shift kit in for 5 years now without issues. When I talked with Greg and figured out the best set up for me which ended up being a C plate and new accumulaters. Greg Evans is the guy that makes them. He is a former Trans engineer for ford. Real nice guy and knowledgable as hell.

Last edited by 01 gt f150; 07-10-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: factory tech valve body