Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Transmissions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 12-30-2004, 01:06 PM

2004 F150 Tranny Jerk?

I HAVE A 2004 F150 AND WHEN I GET OFF OF WORK I STOP AT MY MOMS FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND WHEN I START MY TRIP BACK HOME MY TRANSMISSION FEELS LIKE ITS JERKING RIGHT WHEN I START THE TRIP BACK HOME. ANYBODY HEARD OF OR KNOWS WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:20 PM

Vehicle: 1995 ford tbird
Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
I'm not sure what is causing your transmission problem. I would check the fluid level first.
The caps lock key is directly above the left shift key.
Alan
Old 12-31-2004, 01:34 PM

Re: 2004 F150 Tranny Jerk?

Quote:
Originally posted by beaver.25
I HAVE A 2004 F150 AND WHEN I GET OFF OF WORK I STOP AT MY MOMS FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND WHEN I START MY TRIP BACK HOME MY TRANSMISSION FEELS LIKE ITS JERKING RIGHT WHEN I START THE TRIP BACK HOME. ANYBODY HEARD OF OR KNOWS WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?
since it is an 04...it is still under warranty and i would take it to a dealer and they will fix the problem if there is one for free of cost. good luck
Old 02-02-2005, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Run to the dealership. Mine did that a few times, and then I had a complete transmission failure! The dealership has it now, and they are having to replace the entire transmission. Truck will be in the shop for a week.

I've started another thread to see if anyone else is having this type of problem.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:44 PM