E4OD Not shifting into gear!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry E4OD Not shifting into gear!

Hey...I've got a '94 F-150, with the 5.8L V-8...It's got the E4OD tranny, and it was squeelin and slippin pretty bad, so I did a flush. Well about a week before the flush, it wouldn't go into reverse. I had to put it into neutral, and push it outta my driveway! NOW, after the flush, Neutral is a drive gear, and Reverse does nothing...Like it's neutral. Drive, first, and second work fine.. Park does park, but it rolls ahead pretty far before engaging. I looked at the linkage, and it seems fine...I would think maybe i hit it and dislodged it when pulling off the pan, but it acted up once before the flush! I think it may be shot, as it still squeels...But i haven't noticed any slip at all. Anyone have any ideas on this? Maybe you've had the same problem? ANY little input is greatly appreciated! Thanks....

Old 06-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check your shift linkage. It sounds like it is loose. But if I were you, I'd take it to a mechanic. It wouldn't cost much. Maybe $25 or so. And you won't have to worry about your truck running over you if you accidently put it in nuetral while your under it.

Quick Reply: E4OD Not shifting into gear!