Towing & Hauling

Towing with Husky round bar weight distribution system

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towing with Husky round bar weight distribution system

Hi , Ok I have a 2004 F150 4.6 liter v8 145" WB and 3.5 ratio, manual shows TOWING max trailer weight of 6300 lbs.

i am pulling a 32' 2006 gulf stream trailer with GVW 6200 lbs.
So my question, my v-5 hitch shows 5000 lb max GVW without weight distribution or 9900lbs GVW with weight distribution bars.

I am not planning on mountain climbing but sticking to relatively flat land. i am using husky weight dist round bar set up and I also have a sway bar with this as well.

so whats the truth, can I pull this thing relatively short distances with my f150?

Old 04-10-2014, 11:48 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
I don't see why not, as long as you aren't grossly exceeding the truck GVWR. Load everything up (people and cargo) and hitch up the rig, fill the gas tank, go to a truck scale, and get the front and rear truck axle weights. Add them together and they should not exceed the GVWR on the door jamb sticker. You can help with this by putting all the cargo you can in the trailer instead of in the cab or truck bed. If you are a bit over it's no big deal, but use common sense. Also, don't expect much performance or gas mileage out of that 4.6, I wouldn't go near any mountains with it. If you are going to be towing that rig frequently, I'd get 4.56 gears and a programmer with custom tunes.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailingInTexas
i am pulling a 32' 2006 gulf stream trailer with GVW 6200 lbs.
is that dry weight or wet weight?

whats the wet hitch weight?

Not sure how comfortable you will be pulling that much weight with a small V8... it might struggle to accelerate and climb hills.

Quick Reply: Towing with Husky round bar weight distribution system