Go Back   F150online Forums > Special Interest > Towing & Hauling
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:07 PM

trailer connection is dead help please

so my trailer connector is dead from my truck to the trailer, no lights on the trailer.......idk where to look for the fuse(which fuse) or the relay. im goin nuts over this. its an 07 f150 4x4 5.4 super cab.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
First off check your owners manual for a fuse diagram so you know which fuse to look for, not sure on the 07 but on my '10 theres a fuse box right behind the radiator that contains all the trailer fuses and relays. Figuring those check out start at the connector and work your way forward looking for broken wires (small animals chewing them or corrosion)

*edit* heres the info on the fuse box for your truck Trailer towing package relay locations

Last edited by kc0stp; 02-05-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 AM

thanks ive figured out that i have some power back there , the turn signals,and brake light. when i hook up the test light for the running lights, the test light is very dim.?????????????????????
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM

and i didnt find a fuse box under the hood. and all the fuses and relays are ok.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
Have you looked in your owners manual yet?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Send a message via Yahoo to Jolly_Green_Giant
Are you sure all of the fuses are good? I've had this happen a few times before.
This will sound wierd but is there power to the cigarette lighter below the radio?
For some reason, they are on the same fuse. I don't remember exactly which fuse it is. But it's in the fuse panel located behind the pasenger kick panel. On the row of fuses closest to the firewall. It's pretty hard to see without being on your head in the floorboard. I'd check this location very carefuly

Somewhere between F06 and F10

Click the image to open in full size.

Think with yer' dipstick...........Jimmeh!!!!

It's not bragging if you can BACK IT UP!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Build Tracking Moderator

Vehicle: 2012 F150 Platinum
Check the Ground wire for good contact ?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 AM

thanks all. i gave up and took it in, somehow i missed a fuse and i had a bad relay which i didnt understand cause i moved them all around.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 AM