Originally Posted by Agent47
...<snip>... I have no idea whatgear ratio it has or other things. I do know it has a towing package & a transmission cooler & the hitch. Why does evrything have to be so complicated, its stressful enough moving without this as well. Thanks for the help though guys!!...<snip>...
1. You don't know if you have a long bed or short bed SuperCab ?
- Lay down in it with the gate closed, is it close to your head ( 6') or far away like the ceiling in your house ( 8' ) ?
2. You don't know if you have a 4x2 or 4x4 ?
- Look to the left of the radio, is there a coin holder or switch.
- Most of the time the sticker is still on the side of the truck, if it is a 4x4.
3. You don't know what size Engine you have ( or the wheel size if needed ) ?
- Look at the fender emblem, if it is a 5.4 it will say it, and then look at the tire size, it would show R17 or R18 in the size.
4. Rear Axle Ratio - On the door sticker, it is a 2 character code, quick search here would short what it is.
- Question #4 is the only "hard" question, and it takes looking at the door, and getting a code like B6, and looking it up in the axle ratio ref table here. All of 5 min work.
These are not meaning of life type questions..
And just like the other posts, including in post #1 that you are going to be hooking up a 5x8 U haul trailer would have been useful.
Unless you are loading it with all lead batteries or steel weight lifting equipment, you are not going to be beyond the 500#/5000# limit that is in the owners manual.