Towing & Hauling

Working on installing RideRite Airbags and have a couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working on installing RideRite Airbags and have a couple questions.

I'm working on installing the ride rite airbags in my 07 F150 crewcab 6.5ft 4x4. I got the bags installed in no time and just need to put the heatshield and run the airlines yet. The exhaust pipe goes up one side over the top and down the other side of the airbag staying about 5"s away. Were exactly do they want this heat shield to go. Pics would be great. Also were is everyone putting the air chucks at. Thanks for any help I've found several threads on the airbags which prompted me to go this way but haven't found anything on the heatshield.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 AM
The heat shield goes at the location where the exhaust is closest to the air bag.... almost every application is slightly different. Use you best judgement.

I run the air lines to the back of the truck and mount a valve next to the license plate through the rear bumper. This way it is protected, shielded and less likely to get broken while still having it very accessable for air adjustment.

Double check all your connections with soapy water to make sure you don't have any leaks, and make sure there is nothing that will cut you lines. If you are going by something sharp cover the air line in old fuel line hose to protect it.

I don't have any pictures as I am usually installing these in 3/4 and 1-ton trucks.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Bump. Same question about the heatshield, where did you put it? Seems like the exhaust is equally close on both sides and the top?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 PM
i installed it between the exaust and the air bag. but after a year of being on there it finally rusted into and fell off

Quick Reply: Working on installing RideRite Airbags and have a couple questions.