Towing & Hauling

RV trailer plug pigtail?

Old 10-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RV trailer plug pigtail?

I have an '01 Expy and it did not come with the towing package, but I have installed the tranny cooler and hitch, and want the RV plug for the bumper. As most of these vehicles are wired the same for efficiancy of manufacturing, is the harness the same so to just plug it in? I have the standard 4-pin now. Am I hoping for too much? I would like the option of towing brake equiped trailers as the need arises. (I know I would need the module under the dash)

Old 10-07-2003, 08:32 PM
The F-150 has an adapter available that plugs into the wiring harness above the left rear tire and comes with the 7 pin connector, I would assume that yours has the same wiring. Otherwise you can hard wire the 7 pin connector into the harness. By doing searches in this forum I think you will find a lot of info on wiring. Thats where I got all the info I needed ato wire mine. Also a connector for the elect brake can be had for about $10. and will let you plug your controller into the connector under the dash.

Old 10-08-2003, 12:00 PM
The attached thread has part numbers and install tips for changing from a 4 pin to a 7 pin plug.

4 to 7

Old 10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Cool, that is what I was looking for. I knew it must exist, but didn't want to have to deal with the "experts" behind the counter that my luck demands I have to talk to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RV trailer plug pigtail?