Sync Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync Update

Hello, Trying to update the SYNC system as per instructions. My current software iGen1 - V3.2, which is I guess what came with the 2011 truck. I am trying to update to V4.4.

I have been to SyncMyRide, downloaded the new update, however everytime I plug the USB into the truck, and tryt to begin the installation, it says file not found. I have extracted the files, however its still is not working. Just looking for some help. Love my truck and love sync, just hoping to get this upgrade.

Thanks!

Old 04-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Ford Customer Service
Hi mhill33,

What web browser did you use to download the update, and are you able to try an alternate one?

Shaay

Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 AM
I used the Chrome Web Browser one time and safari another time. The Files are on the USB but sync keeps telling me "file not found" when I try to begin installation.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi mhill33,

What web browser did you use to download the update, and are you able to try an alternate one?

Shaay

Old 04-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Ford Customer Service
Thanks, mhill33. Please delete all the contents on your USB and download the update again. This time, take not of the time you completed the download. Make sure the USB is clear of any other files, formatted to FAT32, and is at least 2GB. If you're still unable to install, send your VIN and the time stamp in a private message.

Shaay

Old 04-12-2017, 06:24 AM
New question

Hi,

First of all I'm sorry for using this forum when I don't have an F150. But I do have a Ford Focus Stationcar from october 2015 with SYNC and the only place I could find info about SYNC was here. So please bear with me. Second of all I'm Danish, living in Denmark and with the European version of the Focus (if any difference).
​​​​Can I update SYNC and if so how do I do it?
How do I see whether I have SYNC or SYNC2?

EDIT:
Nevermind. Just talked to Ford customerservice here in Denmark and apparently SYNC2 (which I have) in Europe and USA are not similar at all. Therefore no update oppotunity here in Denmark.

Last edited by tmajholt; 04-12-2017 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Got the answer from Ford Customerservice
Old 05-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SYNC v4.6

Version 4.6 is out now. Very easy upgrade. Ford really has this streamlined!

Old 05-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Careful with the 4.6 update.....

Hello! Good luck with the new update! My 2010 ford F150 Lariat will not allow my iPhone to work w Siri - audio stuff. I used to be able to hit the sync button --- I could say, "text msg mom" --- what do you want to say to mom? --- then I could talk to txt ---- no more. Just a flat line on the iPhone --- Drives me nuts! On a 900 Mile drive, I really need to talk to text at times ... or want to open my google maps without touching the phone. Nope.

I am able (most of the time) to Blue Tooth Audio --- and will play whatever is open....my Overdrive audiobook or iTunes. I still have to pick my Playlist, cuz I can't use Siri to play all music shuffle etc.

After a little research, it looks like the 4.6 update (which I did literally the day before my trip) is the problem. I am now having to try to find the 4.4 update for my truck and hope I can roll it back.

If anyone has any other fixes, PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!!

I wish everyone the best! But think twice able the 4.6 update! (maybe this is bad for the older trucks???)

Quick Reply: Sync Update