Sync Not recognzing User devices

Old 01-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync Not recognzing User devices

I have a 2012 Ford F150 King Ranch 4X4 with the Sync system which I love! I have been using the bluetooth to connect Samsung Galaxy S5 and play audio. This has not been a problem up until now.

Everything was working fine until I started the truck, plugged my phone into the USB (in order to charge it). When the phone did not connect via bluetooth I thought maybe it was confused by the USB. I selected the Media button and it went straight to the Jukebox. I selected User device and is said the device was unsupported.

Next, I turned off the truck and the phone just so I could try a fresh start. Now, the Sync does not even show any user devices. That is to say, it does not recognize USB, Audio line in, or Bluetooth.

When I have tried to use the Phone button to at least connect the phone, I get the prompt to enter the code into my phone, but the code dialog box is blank.

I tried the Factory Reset option several times with no luck. I contacted Ford's 80 number to ask for assistance but they said that there was another Master Reset function if the factory reset did not work. But I could not locate it in any of the Sync menu items or on the control options found on the steering wheel menu.

Has anyone experienced this where Sync totally loses contact with User devices? Now when I select User device, it goes straight to Jukebox.

I've considered just pulling the battery cable to see if that will reset the system. Does anyone have any other suggestions short of taking it to the dealership? I need bluetooth audio!

https://www.f150online.com/g/album/4964505 for pictures of the device.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by dastone
I have a 2012 Ford F150 King Ranch 4X4 with the Sync system which I love! I have been using the bluetooth to connect Samsung Galaxy S5 and play audio. This has not been a problem up until now.

Everything was working fine until I started the truck, plugged my phone into the USB (in order to charge it). When the phone did not connect via bluetooth I thought maybe it was confused by the USB. I selected the Media button and it went straight to the Jukebox. I selected User device and is said the device was unsupported.

Next, I turned off the truck and the phone just so I could try a fresh start. Now, the Sync does not even show any user devices. That is to say, it does not recognize USB, Audio line in, or Bluetooth.

When I have tried to use the Phone button to at least connect the phone, I get the prompt to enter the code into my phone, but the code dialog box is blank.

I tried the Factory Reset option several times with no luck. I contacted Ford's 80 number to ask for assistance but they said that there was another Master Reset function if the factory reset did not work. But I could not locate it in any of the Sync menu items or on the control options found on the steering wheel menu.

Has anyone experienced this where Sync totally loses contact with User devices? Now when I select User device, it goes straight to Jukebox.

I've considered just pulling the battery cable to see if that will reset the system. Does anyone have any other suggestions short of taking it to the dealership? I need bluetooth audio!

https://www.f150online.com/g/album/4964505 for pictures of the device.
Hi dastone,

The master reset option can be found in the advanced menu. You can find the steps here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ter-reset.html

If the advanced menu is blank or the master reset does not resolve your issue, a dealership visit will be needed to restore your SYNC functionality.

Whitney

Old 01-23-2016, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi dastone,

The master reset option can be found in the advanced menu. You can find the steps here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ter-reset.html

If the advanced menu is blank or the master reset does not resolve your issue, a dealership visit will be needed to restore your SYNC functionality.

Whitney
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, when I click on Advanced settings, I get a blank menu, therefore unable to do the master reset.

I'll try the dealership.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by dastone
Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, when I click on Advanced settings, I get a blank menu, therefore unable to do the master reset.

I'll try the dealership.
You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Whitney

Old 01-31-2016, 08:44 AM
Easy fix...

Before I could get to the dealership to check out my system, a friend with similar issues told me to simply disconnect the negative battery wire for 5 minutes. This did the trick and everything reset to normal as soon as I reconnected and turned the truck on.

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sync Not recognzing User devices