SYNC quirks and iPhone 6

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SYNC quirks and iPhone 6

i have the basic SYNC in my 2010 F150 FX2 (no touchscreen) and the phone is iPhone 6 iOS 9.2. i don't think the SYNC has ever been updated. it works great for most of my needs.

however i do have a few quirks that i wanted to ask if they can be made better.

1. normally i leave a small MP3 media player plugged into the SYNC plate on dash for my MP3 music accessed via AUX/USB on stereo. works great, displays the media info on small dash display, steering controls all work fine. if i unplug the media player, SYNC via bluetooth sees my paired iPhone and will auto start any music on the phone. so anytime i'm in the truck without the media player, the phone is being turned on and actively playing music that i did not request or really want running in background (phone battery drain).
how can i have the SYNC see the phone, but not automatically start playing the music library every time i start up the truck?

2. bluetooth paired music vs plugged in cable sound quality. i can tell the sound quality of bluetooth audio is much lower than the direct cable audio from my phone.
is that normal? would a SYNC flash software update correct this or is it hardware (or lack of, since no cable) issue? i understand that i could plug the phone in, but like to keep the MP3 player plugged in instead.

3. bluetooth paired media from phone does not display properly on the dash display. i would like to see the artist, song, or even application title, rather than "bluetooth audio" on the display.
again, would a SYNC update correct this or is that something bluetooth connected SYNC just will not do?

4. iPhone text messages notifications. when i'm in the truck i get no audible alert of text messages, either from the SYNC, on the dash display, nor the iPhone itself. i understand it is an intentional safety feature and why it is there.
is this a SYNC setting or a iPhone setting to allow for some type of alert so i do not miss important incoming messages?

5. voice to text options for hands free messaging.
does this feature exist with my version of SYNC?

thanks!

Old 01-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Ford Customer Service
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi pagan696,

I suggest turning off Autoplay.

1. Select the AUX button.
2. Select MENU
3. Select MEDIA PLAYER SETTINGS.
4. Select AUTOPLAY

This will prevent your phone from starting playback every time. However, your media player will not start automatically. You can initiate it by using the voice command USB.

For text messaging, you'll need to turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS on the iPhone: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/soluti...-messages.html

Send your VIN in a PM; I'd like to check the software for updates.

Shaay

Quick Reply: SYNC quirks and iPhone 6