SYNC update issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SYNC update issue

Trying to update the basic SYNC system as per instructions. My current software is V4.1.2F to updated V4.4

While going through the procedure it stalls on step 5. It's doesn't show "Install Applications" and if I press OK on step 5 says, "no media files." My file list is same as shown in the instructions after the zip file is opened. They read - SyncMyRide folder with all the .cab files and such (9 files in all) and two files outside of it which say autoinstall.lst and install.lst. Everything seems good but won't read the files on the USB. Also, I've taken all the files out of the one SyncMyRide folder and placed them all together on the thumb drive thinking that maybe it wouldn't be able to see past the folder. That didn't work either.

Any ideas??

Thanks much!
Monty
PS - truck is a 2013 with basic SYNC system

As a side note - when using the dash display and switching from one options to the other the toggling feature would go completely crazy and not respond to the inputs correctly. I'd be looking at fuel displays then try to go to trip odo or something and it would completely go off into it's own direction. Also did a complete reset but this issue came back. Kind of crazy!

Last edited by folmonty; 09-05-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by folmonty
Trying to update the basic SYNC system as per instructions. My current software is V4.1.2F to updated V4.4

While going through the procedure it stalls on step 5. It's doesn't show "Install Applications" and if I press OK on step 5 says, "no media files." My file list is same as shown in the instructions after the zip file is opened. They read - SyncMyRide folder with all the .cab files and such (9 files in all) and two files outside of it which say autoinstall.lst and install.lst. Everything seems good but won't read the files on the USB. Also, I've taken all the files out of the one SyncMyRide folder and placed them all together on the thumb drive thinking that maybe it wouldn't be able to see past the folder. That didn't work either.

Any ideas??

Thanks much!
Monty
PS - truck is a 2013 with basic SYNC system

As a side note - when using the dash display and switching from one options to the other the toggling feature would go completely crazy and not respond to the inputs correctly. I'd be looking at fuel displays then try to go to trip odo or something and it would completely go off into it's own direction. Also did a complete reset but this issue came back. Kind of crazy!
Monty,

I responded to your PM. Check it out.

Shaay

Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm getting similar behavior from my 2011 F-150.
I put the USB in, and followed the directions from the ford sync website, but it didn't do what the instructions said - just said no media files.
So, I went into the advanced menu and found "Install Application" myself, and did that.
It immediately flashed something (went by too quickly to read) and then went to "Installing Application." I let it sit at that screen for an hour in my driveway, but nothing changed.
Out of curiosity, I pressed the seek button, and it just went through the menus again.
I don't believe the update worked, because the version on my sync system still shows the old version number.

I tried a master reset and then tried the install again, but it behaved exactly the same way.

Last edited by dodexahedron; 09-10-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: SYNC update issue