Weird SYNC issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird SYNC issue

When I play music via Bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy its works well, when I try to play music via USB from my phone it also plays NAV messages. So I will play a normal song, it will end and then 10 short NAV messages will play, then another song, then a few more NAV messages...

This happen to anyone else? The music is saved to my phone, NOT a mini SD card...

Old 03-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
When I play music via Bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy its works well, when I try to play music via USB from my phone it also plays NAV messages. So I will play a normal song, it will end and then 10 short NAV messages will play, then another song, then a few more NAV messages...

This happen to anyone else? The music is saved to my phone, NOT a mini SD card...
Hi 2007 Loaded FX4,

Can you please clarify what you mean by Nav messages? Are these coming from an app on your phone or are you hearing messages from factory-installed navigation in your truck?

Kim

Old 03-04-2015, 12:21 PM
I believe it is coming from the NAV unit in the truck. It only does it when it is hooked to my Samsung S5 via the USB cable...

And by message's, I mean pre-recorded stuff like "Turn left at Forest road", and "Merge right on Hwy 17". I am not using the NAV system when this occurs, nor am I near the mentioned roads...

Old 03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Ford Customer Service
That is very odd. I can't say that I've heard of this happening before. Luckily, I have some easy troubleshooting steps that may help!

First, perform a master reset to your navigation system by following these steps: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ter-reset.html

While the system is resetting, remove the battery from your phone and replace it. Power the phone back up and follow these steps to pair it to the vehicle again: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...avigation.html Keep an eye on the screen of your phone during the pairing process. If the phone asks for permission to allow SYNC to access your phone, accept the message for optimal performance.

Let me know if this does the trick.

Kim

Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM
I have tried those steps before, it hasn't solved the problem. Sometimes with my old phone it would either play all music tracks, or all NAV messages (1 after the other). Now with my new Samsung phone it mixes the NAV messages in with the music which is really annoying...

Old 03-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
I have tried those steps before, it hasn't solved the problem. Sometimes with my old phone it would either play all music tracks, or all NAV messages (1 after the other). Now with my new Samsung phone it mixes the NAV messages in with the music which is really annoying...
Check to make sure the most current software has been installed in your SYNC system. Log in at: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sign-in.html Once you're in, click SYNC & HOW-TOS at the top of the page, followed by CHECK FOR SOFTWARE UPDATES (on the right side of the site).

Kim

Quick Reply: Weird SYNC issue