Sync can't hear me most times

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 12:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sync can't hear me most times

Sometimes the microphone works, sometimes it won't... This is for both the media voice commands and the bluetooth phone.

No problem with the USB connecting to my iPod or the phone connecting to BT, it's just when I get a call, I can hear the caller, but the caller can't hear me.

If I try to use the Media voice control, it does not work either.

Yet, other times it all works fine.

Usually takes the truck being turned off and then on again for the microphone to work again. But, the next time you stop/start it won't work again.

I've not gone to the dealer yet, or checked the MySync web site recently, but I bought it in Feb 2014 and it had the most recent software update at that time. (when I first setup the mysync account)

I've done the master reset, but it still either works or doesn't work.

Anyway, it's a cool setup when it works, but pretty much sucks when it doesn't...

Mitch

Old 10-31-2014, 01:28 AM
I just checked the MyFord Sync site and I've got the most recent update (basic Sync), so I guess it just sucks...

Mitch

Old 10-31-2014, 01:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Mitch, everything you describe sounds to me like either a poor wiring connection or possibly a cracked solder connection on a circuit board.

If it's covered by warranty, I'd have it replaced.

- Jack

Old 10-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks Jack, I'm under warranty for another 2 years so it'll get in before it ends for sure..

It's not that high on the priority list at the moment, but the truck has been awesome otherwise, so far.. I attribute it to Microsoft mostly! ha, ha!!

Mitch

Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Thought I'd give an update on my SYNC situation.. I never did take it in to be looked at, but I found what sequence it likes and seems to be working every time now..

I listen to my iPod exclusively connected to the USB port. It stays plugged in all the time in it's little cabinet.

So, I would always keep the unit set on "USB". Most times when starting the truck, it would continue to play, but that's when the SYNC would not hear me speak..

A couple of times, after starting the truck, it would revert back to the AM radio setting for some reason. If I hit the media button and say "USB", it would respond and play the iPod.

So, after awhile, I started switching the unit to "radio" before I turned it off. The next time I start the truck, it's still on AM and I tell it "USB" and it responds.

So I know I'm going to be heard on my phone thru SYNC when it responds to my voice.

So far it was worked every time doing it this way... Kinda PITA, but if it works, then that's all I care about..

Thanks,

Mitch

Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My problem is when I am talking to someone thru my sync system, it cuts in and out on about every fourth or fifth word, or both. I can not hear a complete sentence from anyone on the other end, and they can not hear everything I am saying. Its frustrating to have to repeat what I just said or have them repeat their sentence. My truck is a 2015 model so I have the latest updates. I have done the reset and been to the dealer. The dealer just unhooked the battery cable and re-synced my phone but it did not help. Could it be my cheap phone ( Casio model # C781h ) that my work gives me to use as my own? Any other ideas. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Last edited by Swadehead; 07-09-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by MitchF150
Thought I'd give an update on my SYNC situation.. I never did take it in to be looked at, but I found what sequence it likes and seems to be working every time now..

I listen to my iPod exclusively connected to the USB port. It stays plugged in all the time in it's little cabinet.

So, I would always keep the unit set on "USB". Most times when starting the truck, it would continue to play, but that's when the SYNC would not hear me speak..

A couple of times, after starting the truck, it would revert back to the AM radio setting for some reason. If I hit the media button and say "USB", it would respond and play the iPod.

So, after awhile, I started switching the unit to "radio" before I turned it off. The next time I start the truck, it's still on AM and I tell it "USB" and it responds.

So I know I'm going to be heard on my phone thru SYNC when it responds to my voice.

So far it was worked every time doing it this way... Kinda PITA, but if it works, then that's all I care about..

Thanks,

Mitch
Hey Mitch,

I'd like to jump in. When you're in USB mode, SYNC will only recognize commands to play the music. You have to switch to the phone menu before attempting to make a phone call by voice. I recommend pressing the PHONE button then the VOICE button to make a call.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Swadehead
My problem is when I am talking to someone thru my sync system, it cuts in and out on about every fourth or fifth word, or both. I can not hear a complete sentence from anyone on the other end, and they can not hear everything I am saying. Its frustrating to have to repeat what I just said or have them repeat their sentence. My truck is a 2015 model so I have the latest updates. I have done the reset and been to the dealer. The dealer just unhooked the battery cable and re-synced my phone but it did not help. Could it be my cheap phone ( Casio model # C781h ) that my work gives me to use as my own? Any other ideas. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Swadehead,

Which system do you have? http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...c-version.html

Shaay

Old 07-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
It will do even more weird things once you add the USB2 option

Old 07-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi Shaay,

I have the sync w/ my Ford touch.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey Mitch,

I'd like to jump in. When you're in USB mode, SYNC will only recognize commands to play the music. You have to switch to the phone menu before attempting to make a phone call by voice. I recommend pressing the PHONE button then the VOICE button to make a call.

I hope this helps.

Swadehead,

Which system do you have? http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...c-version.html

Shaay
Shaay,

I have the Sync w/ my Ford touch

Old 07-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Ford Customer Service
Shaay,

I have the Sync w/ my Ford touch
Swadehead,

It looks like the Casio C781 is compatible with Verizon as the carrier: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technolog...c-myford-touch Do you have Verizon, and are you able to try another phone to help isolate the issue?

Shaay

Old 07-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Shaay,

It's not that I'm trying to access the phone while in USB mode. When it starts in USB mode and won't respond, it won't respond to ANY voice command at all in any mode.

As long as I remember to switch back to "radio" before I shut off the truck, the next time I get in, it'll respond to my voice commands and that's when I know I can be heard on the phone when someone calls.

When the system is not responding to any voice commands, when I get a call in the truck, I can hear them, but they can't hear me. It pairs up just fine.

Thanks for the additional info and I'll just live with it this way!

Mitch

Old 07-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by MitchF150
Shaay,

It's not that I'm trying to access the phone while in USB mode. When it starts in USB mode and won't respond, it won't respond to ANY voice command at all in any mode.

As long as I remember to switch back to "radio" before I shut off the truck, the next time I get in, it'll respond to my voice commands and that's when I know I can be heard on the phone when someone calls.

When the system is not responding to any voice commands, when I get a call in the truck, I can hear them, but they can't hear me. It pairs up just fine.

Thanks for the additional info and I'll just live with it this way!

Mitch
Mitch,

No problem. I see that it's not at the top of your priority list, but I do recommend going to the dealer as soon as you can. Keep me posted.

Shaay

Old 07-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Swadehead,

It looks like the Casio C781 is compatible with Verizon as the carrier: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technolog...c-myford-touch Do you have Verizon, and are you able to try another phone to help isolate the issue?

Shaay
Yes I am with Verizon. I did try my brothers phone today and it seemed to work ok. I went by the Verizon store today and they told me that some of the Casio phones have a trouble with the sync systems. Guess I will see if my work will let me upgrade.
Thank you.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Ford Customer Service
Yes I am with Verizon. I did try my brothers phone today and it seemed to work ok. I went by the Verizon store today and they told me that some of the Casio phones have a trouble with the sync systems. Guess I will see if my work will let me upgrade.
Thank you.
Swadehead,

Thanks for trying another phone. Keep me posted on any new developments.

Shaay

Quick Reply: Sync can't hear me most times