New to Sync.. How do you play iPod thru bluetooth?

Old 02-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New to Sync.. How do you play iPod thru bluetooth?

I have my 'dumb' phone connected and I can call and get calls just fine.

I got my iPod to connect and entered the code and all, but how do I get the iPod to play? I hit the play button on the iPod and it's playing, but nothing out of the speakers.

I've only had this new truck since Friday, so still reading and learning all I can on it...

I can get the iPod to play with the USB cable just fine and even the voice commands work (kinda)..

Thanks for any hints, tips, suggestions, links!

Mitch

Old 02-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Ford Customer Service
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchF150
... I got my iPod to connect and entered the code and all, but how do I get the iPod to play? I hit the play button on the iPod and it's playing, but nothing out of the speakers. ...
Hi MitchF150,

If you prefer to connect your iPod via Bluetooth, you can listen to your stream by switching over to the Bluetooth audio channel. This can be done by using the voice command BLUETOOTH AUDIO after tapping on the voice command button on the steering wheel.

Antonio

Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Thanks Antonio!

That was the part I was missing! Just went out to try it and it plays! This new truck is so COOL!

Mitch

Old 02-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Ford Customer Service
Thanks Antonio!

That was the part I was missing! Just went out to try it and it plays! This new truck is so COOL!

Mitch
Mitch,

Glad I could help! Let me know if you have any other SYNC questions.

Antonio

Old 02-08-2014, 02:05 PM
When I tried the iPod by itself, in the garage and the engine NOT running, it accepted my voice command on the first try.

When I tried it the next day with my 'dumb' phone connected AND the iPod and driving, it would not accept any voice command at all. Not even the phone commands would accept...

I tried it again with just the iPod and still nothing.. Even stopped, I could not get Miss Sync to understand me...

Phone commands also seemed to go away too..

I've tried different ways of speaking and saying the commands.. I have a deep voice, but spoke as naturally and plainly as I can..

Is there a learning curve for the Sync or maybe for me?

Thanks!

Mitch

Old 02-10-2014, 10:01 PM
It seems to be a learning curve with ME...

If I just talk normally and don't try to hard to pronounce the words, it seems to catch more of the phrases I'm saying...

Mitch

Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Ford Customer Service
It seems to be a learning curve with ME...

If I just talk normally and don't try to hard to pronounce the words, it seems to catch more of the phrases I'm saying...

Mitch
Hi MitchF150,

No worries! There is a little bit of a learning curve, but you'll get the hang of it.

Bear in mind that basic SYNC will only connect to one Bluetooth device at a time, which could complicate your hands-free calling situation if you prefer to listen to your music via Bluetooth from your iPod.

Antonio

Old 02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks Antonio, I'll have to try it with both connected again.. I don't get many calls anyway, so if I have a choice between phone or iPod, I'll take the iPod!

Although, I did have both seemingly connected? Music was playing and then I connected my phone and the music still played and the battery symbol changed to what the phones battery was and it showed the number of bars for the phone. When the iPod was connected by itself, it showed the iPod battery, but just dots for bars, because it's not a phone..

Anyway, it's all good because the steering wheel control for FF work with the iPod and I just play it on random, so I can skip a song if I want with the touch of a finger!

Man, I love this truck!!

Mitch

Edit... I just tried it and while the iPod was playing, I was able to make a phone call thru the BT. When I hung up the phone, the iPod continued to play where it left off... Pretty cool!

Last edited by MitchF150; 02-12-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Ford Customer Service
Thanks Antonio, I'll have to try it with both connected again.. I don't get many calls anyway, so if I have a choice between phone or iPod, I'll take the iPod!

Although, I did have both seemingly connected? Music was playing and then I connected my phone and the music still played and the battery symbol changed to what the phones battery was and it showed the number of bars for the phone. When the iPod was connected by itself, it showed the iPod battery, but just dots for bars, because it's not a phone..

Anyway, it's all good because the steering wheel control for FF work with the iPod and I just play it on random, so I can skip a song if I want with the touch of a finger!

Man, I love this truck!!

Mitch

Edit... I just tried it and while the iPod was playing, I was able to make a phone call thru the BT. When I hung up the phone, the iPod continued to play where it left off... Pretty cool!
Mitch,

I'm glad you're enjoying the system overall! From the sounds of it, do you have the MyFord Touch system in your vehicle? This is the only platform with the most recent v3.6.2 software update that allows an iPod and a phone to be connected simultaneously via Bluetooth.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find me.

Antonio

Old 02-13-2014, 05:26 PM
No, I don't have the 'Touch' setup. Just the standard Sync (the screen is surrounded with buttons)

When setting up my phone, I set it as the "Primary" phone. For the iPod setup, it asked, but I didn't set it that way.

The build date on my truck is 10/13 so maybe they had a software update for the regular Sync??

Anyway, thanks for the info and I'm getting used to it all now.. Well, at least on the things I've used so far!

Mitch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to Sync.. How do you play iPod thru bluetooth?