Im going to rip Sync out and hire someone to hum my favorite songs while i drive…..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im going to rip Sync out and hire someone to hum my favorite songs while i drive…..

…paired with an iPhone….its almost useless. Tired of screaming at the microphone (which SHOULD be in the dash-NOT above my head). Tired of hoping the BT will connect, or the music just may auto-play using the USB.

Microsoft? Really? Why not Linux? oh BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAP…..Come on Ford….go with an OS that can easily work with android/blackberry/apple.

Maybe…just maybe like your diesel engine fiasco- MAKE YOUR OWN.

BAH- Great truck…awesome 5.0 engine….crap a$$ radio.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Weird. I have an iPhone and have no problem with Sync.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 10-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, it's called SYNC, but should be called SUCK. I ripped mine out........

Old 10-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by sgerry
…paired with an iPhone….its almost useless. Tired of screaming at the microphone (which SHOULD be in the dash-NOT above my head). Tired of hoping the BT will connect, or the music just may auto-play using the USB.

Microsoft? Really? Why not Linux? oh BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAP…..Come on Ford….go with an OS that can easily work with android/blackberry/apple.

Maybe…just maybe like your diesel engine fiasco- MAKE YOUR OWN.

BAH- Great truck…awesome 5.0 engine….crap a$$ radio.

Hello sgerry,

I might be able to provide some pointers. You went over a few things in passing, but I just want to get a little more actionable info to narrow down where the main issues are. How often does your iPhone fail to connect with SYNC upon entering the vehicle? Are there any voice commands SYNC seems to have a particular problem with registering, or is there an inaccuracy across the board? Have you tried connecting any other USB devices to SYNC? If so, which kind of device and how did it behave?

Antonio

Old 10-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Seems to be one extreme or another. Some people have serious issues, others have nothing. I had SYNC in my 2012 XLT, and it was okay for calls with my iPhone, but finicky for.anything else. Bought a Galaxy Note and never had an issue. My 2013 has SYNC with MFT, and no issues at all. I don't know what the factors are to cause problems, but some people have the same gear as me yet have no luck.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
From what ive seen from working for service, and dealing with bluetooth issues on a factory system (non sync):

Anytime there was a big software/IOS update for iPhone's we'd see a rash of customers coming in complaining about issues pairing the phone etc. Remember that updating the phone may cause issues with the vehicle because the phone settings changed, or how it identifies itself can change.

Not sure about the Ford side of it, but we'd have to issue software update for the BT module after our engineers figured out what changed with the new phone software.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:35 PM
hey all,
Antonio- 1: The system can be slow to respond. sometimes i have to cycle the ignition to "reboot" the system
2: i have to SCREAM at the microphone some days to get it to actually listen to what I'm saying...im not kelsey grammar, but my command of english pronunciation is fine.
3: i have resorted to using the "usb" function as the bluetooth is just asenine
4: the BT will work...or it won't...30 mins into a drive i will hit "phone" and it will have to connect. that irritates the **** out of me allll the time
5: i set it to "talk less", but yet it will ramble on and on about not understanding what i said.
6: i hit telephone then double click the action command button and i either get a "DINK" or a double "DINK" noise...utter the command.......and then the system just does whatever the hell it wants.

Suffice it to say, i can't STAND the system.

And AGAIN, why is the microphone-covered in foam- ABOVE the drivers head...NO WHERE in the line of the sound waves that come out of my mouth??? As i am 6 foot 3, i rarely have to look up to talk to anyone. Why does Ford think that i need to look up, away from the road, to use a "safe" hands-free device.
Prolly a prius driving engineer, not a truck guy.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:57 PM
TK5
hey all,
Antonio- 1: The system can be slow to respond. sometimes i have to cycle the ignition to "reboot" the system
2: i have to SCREAM at the microphone some days to get it to actually listen to what I'm saying...im not kelsey grammar, but my command of english pronunciation is fine.
4: the BT will work...or it won't...30 mins into a drive i will hit "phone" and it will have to connect. that irritates the **** out of me allll the time
5: i set it to "talk less", but yet it will ramble on and on about not understanding what i said.
6: i hit telephone then double click the action command button and i either get a "DINK" or a double "DINK" noise...utter the command.......and then the system just does whatever the hell it wants.

And AGAIN, why is the microphone-covered in foam- ABOVE the drivers head...NO WHERE in the line of the sound waves that come out of my mouth??? As i am 6 foot 3, i rarely have to look up to talk to anyone. Why does Ford think that i need to look up, away from the road, to use a "safe" hands-free device.
I have the same problems in my 2011 XLT, sometimes it works great & other times it doesn't work at all!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Ford Customer Service
hey all,

sgerry,

Thanks for the chuckle - I actually laughed out loud at your Kelsey Grammar reference. Operating SYNC via voice commands should definitely not require stage-training to get her to understand you. When you get the chance, please PM your VIN and I'll provide some more details on how to troubleshoot your concerns.

Antonio

Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by TK5
I have the same problems in my 2011 XLT, sometimes it works great & other times it doesn't work at all!
Hi TK5,

Can you specify which issues you're experiencing? Intermittent software glitches shouldn't be persistent, but may occur occasionally. There are some reset procedures I can recommend, but it depends on your symptoms as to which one I would advise.

Antonio

Old 11-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Greeeeeaaaaattttt....you don't drive a prius by chance Antonio?
(don't want to actually **** off the fixers....just whine a little)

Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Antonio,

I hope you don't mind me chiming in with my own issue. I have a 2013 F150 Platinum. My phone is a Galaxy Note 2. Everything works well until I use the steering wheel control/voice command to call someone in my address book. The phone/MFT will dial the number, and the almost immediately afterwards MFT will tell me the call was disconnected, although my phone itself is still connected. Afterwards, no matter what I do or how many times I try, my phone will not connect to MFT unless I completely delete my phone from MFT and then reinstall/pair it again. If I use the phone to dial, as opposed to the steering wheel controls/voice commands, I have no problem.

This is very annoying. Do you have any suggestions as to how I may corrects this reoccurring problem going forward? Thanks.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Ford Customer Service
Greeeeeaaaaattttt....you don't drive a prius by chance Antonio?
(don't want to actually **** off the fixers....just whine a little)
Hi sgerry,

That's "Mr. Fixer" to you. :-P

I got your PM. You'll have a reply in your inbox shortly.

Originally Posted by Hubster
Antonio,

I hope you don't mind me chiming in with my own issue. I have a 2013 F150 Platinum. My phone is a Galaxy Note 2. Everything works well until I use the steering wheel control/voice command to call someone in my address book. The phone/MFT will dial the number, and the almost immediately afterwards MFT will tell me the call was disconnected, although my phone itself is still connected. Afterwards, no matter what I do or how many times I try, my phone will not connect to MFT unless I completely delete my phone from MFT and then reinstall/pair it again. If I use the phone to dial, as opposed to the steering wheel controls/voice commands, I have no problem.

This is very annoying. Do you have any suggestions as to how I may corrects this reoccurring problem going forward? Thanks.
Hello Hubster,

No problem at all. This sounds like your average communication error: either your phone is having difficulties maintaining its connection or MFT is having an issue with receiving/interpreting your phone's signal.

The first thing I would suggest is creating a Clean Pairing from scratch. This is very similar to what you've already done, with one clear distinction. Before creating a new Bluetooth pairing, head into your phone and be sure to remove SYNC's Bluetooth profile out of your list of previously paired devices. You also want to do the same thing with MFT; head into your Bluetooth devices list, then delete out your phone. This ensures that a new bridge is created along with the new pairing, instead of resuming the prior, weaker connection. There is also another method called the Reverse Pairing, which is pretty successful when working with Samsung devices specifically: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

If the issue persists beyond the Clean Pairing, you may need to reset both devices to eliminate any background software interferences. A soft reset to your phone involves removing the battery for about three minutes. Here are some step-by-step instructions for performing a master reset in your vehicle:

If the problem is still not resolved, you may need to connect with your servicing dealership for further advisement on the issue. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Antonio

Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 AM
FWIW- i did a master reset on the system, and then pulled my battery for 5 minutes to see if i could get a full reset on the system.

Sync would say "index full, voice commands not allowed", so i just wiped the whole dang thing.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I've got nearly the identical problems as sgerry above. I've had to master reset the system about a half dozen times and lose all of my saved information and the truck isn't even a year old. I'm at the point where I don't believe the 'optimizing' the system performance will even suffice. I'm pricing replacement options now and weighing the benefits/deficiency of loss of certain controls.

Anyone else have any luck finding a replacement aftermarket head unit?

Quick Reply: Im going to rip Sync out and hire someone to hum my favorite songs while i drive…..