Replacing Sync

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing Sync

I'm giving some serious thought to yanking my Sync unit out and replacing it with something that works better for my uses. I note that Crutchfield doesn't seem to want to research the Sync system for a replacement so I guess I'm on my own.

JVC has a replacement system that works with Sync but that isn't what I'm looking for. I want a replacement that handles my iPod, iPhone and switches seamlessly between the two. I don't need a Nav. system and the rest of the associated functions.

It shouldn't be this hard but then MickeySoft designed the system so I guess we are all Beta testers until something that works comes along.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm also in the market to replace the Sync head unit on my 2013 F150. I really, really don't like the ____ _____ ____ thing. I do not need nor want Bluetooth. I would like to have Sirus / XM, and the ability to play MP3 files from a flash drive. Not some stupid voice telling me "not in folder mode".

Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by ohenry
I'm also in the market to replace the Sync head unit on my 2013 F150. I really, really don't like the ____ _____ ____ thing. I do not need nor want Bluetooth. I would like to have Sirus / XM, and the ability to play MP3 files from a flash drive. Not some stupid voice telling me "not in folder mode".
Hi ohenry,

I'd like to lend a hand if I may. Can you provide some more details about the issues you're having with playing music from your USB drive? How big is the drive? Do you know if the device is properly formatted to FAT32? Have you attempted to use any other USB device? You can PM your VIN if you'd like so I can provide some more specific advisement.

Antonio

Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Let me reply as well.

Sync refuses to use some phone numbers in my phone contact list, (says there is no such number).

Sync keeps telling my "Index full some songs unavailable". I'm tired of pulling the #2 fuse to fix the problem.

Sync is very unresponsive to spoken commands when controlling my iPod. I'm now disconnecting the iPod to find the song, playlist or artist I want - starting the song - then connecting the iPod - then asking it to "play USB". This is not what I envisioned when I bought the truck.

Any help greatly apporeciated!!

Old 11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by Mikeg10
Let me reply as well.

Sync refuses to use some phone numbers in my phone contact list, (says there is no such number).

Sync keeps telling my "Index full some songs unavailable". I'm tired of pulling the #2 fuse to fix the problem.

Sync is very unresponsive to spoken commands when controlling my iPod. I'm now disconnecting the iPod to find the song, playlist or artist I want - starting the song - then connecting the iPod - then asking it to "play USB". This is not what I envisioned when I bought the truck.

Any help greatly apporeciated!!
Hi Mikeg10,

I'm happy to do what I can. Can you outline for me the troubleshooting steps you've already attempted? I can try to pick up where you left off, or provide some pointers on anything that could have been missed. I didn't want to impose on your initial post as it wasn't clear if the uses you mentioned were simply based on a personal preference or if there was something more going on.

Antonio

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 11-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:30 PM
built ford junk

can some tell me where the sync pcb is and how to get to it? The system does not recognize the sync system at times. I would like to check the connections to the printed circuit board , if I could find it.

Quick Reply: Replacing Sync