Nothing but frustration.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing but frustration.

First off, love my new truck. Its beautiful, runs great and couldn't be happier other than the Nav/Sync system.

This seems to be a half backed product in my opinion. I've had this truck for about 6 weeks and I've had to perform at least 3 master resets. Here's a few things I've encountered.

1) Nav takes way too long to figure out the route. My iPhone can do it in a few seconds. I can be driving for minutes/miles before its ready.
2) Nav will hang on my last location for ever before it starts working.
3) Try to make calls and the audio never connects even thought its says its connected.
4) End a call and my Sat Radio audio never comes back.
5) Voice commands don't work. Then, it locks up radio.
6) After a successful call, the unit is stuck on controlling the phone volume, not the radio.
7) When phone is connected and your listening to music from phone I can get cover art and sometimes I don't.
8) Today the Nav locked up and prevents the backup camera from working too. It actually comes on but it has delayed imagery.

I hate Microsoft and haven't owned anything from Microsoft in over 8 years. So, is this my payback? Is this a head unit issue or just another example of a Microsoft POS. Where can you find out software versions?

The other thing, whats the purpose of having the ability to connect to a wifi network if you can't access the wifi network if the password contains numbers? Whats the point.

I can't believe Ford would produce such and brilliant piece of machinery and put such a POS in the dash.

If I've missed something please redirect me to the proper thread for more details.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a trip back to the dealer might be in order. . .

Old 06-15-2013, 04:43 PM
I have had a bunch of issues as well. I don't have the nav system, but I have some similar problems. My dealer has put a new computer in mine, which didn't help. He finally admitted that Ford put in a cheaper computer in the 2013 than my old 2010 and that is why it doesn't work. It will not run my old Ipod 80 gig at all. My 2010 had no problem doing it. I had to rent a pickup for a week, while mine was in the shop. It was a base model XLT without the my touch, and it worked perfectly the entire week I had it. I used the same ipod. They are putting junk computers in these trucks to same some money and we are the ones paying for it. I don't like it at all.

Quick Reply: Nothing but frustration.