iPhone/SYNC Doesn't sound when receiving a text

Old 06-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Cuz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone/SYNC Doesn't sound when receiving a text

My iPhone will only vibrate when I get a text. No ding, no pause in radio, nothing but but a vibrate on my iPhone (4s). And my phone is never in my pocket so I won't get texts sometimes for a long time if I'm not always checking my phone.
Anyone have a solution to this?? Setting in SYNC or my phone? I can't find anything...
Thanks!!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 PM
There's a discussion about this on the Apple site:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

Looks like what you'd like to do ain't happening. Your best bet is to activate the text messaging tone feature on your iPhone so it "beeps" whenever you have an incoming text message.

The "safety zealot" in me says no text message tone on a Sync might actually be a blessing. Folks get text messages and sometimes yield to temptation and sneek a peek at what it is. For every second their eyes are on their iPhone, that's one less second their eyes are not on the road.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Cuz
Thanks OFD, that's not cool. Why can't Apple and Microsoft just get along!

I did find a way to make it play text tones when texted but then I won't "sync" phone calls. lol. Damned if I do...

Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Cuz
My iPhone will only vibrate when I get a text. No ding, no pause in radio, nothing but but a vibrate on my iPhone (4s). And my phone is never in my pocket so I won't get texts sometimes for a long time if I'm not always checking my phone.
Anyone have a solution to this?? Setting in SYNC or my phone? I can't find anything...
Thanks!!
Yea that's one aspect is the safety but your sync system is supposed to read you the text......which it doesn't with the damn iPhones........oh well

Old 06-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Cuz
Originally Posted by SlowFX4
Yea that's one aspect is the safety but your sync system is supposed to read you the text......which it doesn't with the damn iPhones........oh well
Oh really? That, I didn't know. I assumed it just showed the text(s) on the dash screen. That would be cool though if it read the text for you. Then my wife could get off my *** about reading texts and driving.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Yea I know my truck with navi is supposed to do it

Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Cuz
Oh really? That, I didn't know. I assumed it just showed the text(s) on the dash screen. That would be cool though if it read the text for you. Then my wife could get off my *** about reading texts and driving.
I was having the same issue, but I found how to fix it. Go to settings on your iPhone then Bluetooth, look for your the sync, click on the arrow pointing to the right. You should see an option that reads messaging on off, turn it on and you should now be able to get text messages... If not just reboot your cell.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Idk if anyone actually cares about this topic anymore, but it seems that the OS7 operating system for iPhones actually lets your phone play its text message received sound while connected to the Sync system now.... Yaaaaaaay... LOL!

Old 10-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by schackman
I was having the same issue, but I found how to fix it. Go to settings on your iPhone then Bluetooth, look for your the sync, click on the arrow pointing to the right. You should see an option that reads messaging on off, turn it on and you should now be able to get text messages... If not just reboot your cell.
What iOS are you running, I'm on 7 and don't see that option

Old 05-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Really??

Originally Posted by onebadfiveoh
Idk if anyone actually cares about this topic anymore, but it seems that the OS7 operating system for iPhones actually lets your phone play its text message received sound while connected to the Sync system now.... Yaaaaaaay... LOL!
I can't get mine to work and I have an iPhone 6 with latest software update. It sucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPhone/SYNC Doesn't sound when receiving a text