Screen Blank in the Morning

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screen Blank in the Morning

Fresh 2013 F150 XLT Supercrew 5.0 owner here for three days now. I'm loving the truck besides a reoccurring issue if the sync system. Every morning (about 10 hours since the truck was last turned on) I've gone out to start the truck the center radio display has not powered up. I've been doing my best to note the symptoms. The screen will power up after a stop engine, open door, lock, wait a few minutes, unlock and restart engine, though the screen is slightly garbled. I've attached a shot of what it looked like this morning after a "reboot". It's also important to note that when the screen is blank the radio will still work and it will respond to sync voice commands.

I've spoken to the service department and they initially recommended disconnecting the battery for a bit, which I did. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if the issue has been resolved. Beyond this I think they'll need to start throwing parts at it.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 AM
My wife 2013 Navigator doing same thing . I noticed it this morning .its only doing it when the temperature is below 20 degrees outside. even the backup camera won't show up either . But after warming up the engine it will comes back to life .

Old 03-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Took it into the dealership and they performed a reset and some other setup actions. I experienced the same problem the next morning so back it goes. I'm traveling until Thursday but will be stopping in asap. Also now the screen will occasionally turn on when I open the door, but quickly turns blank again. In this regard the problem, it seems to be getting worse overall.

I'm sure this is just an anomaly in Ford quality, but it sure sucks to have to stress about this stuff on a brand new vehicle.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM
So for anyone following this, the dealer did order and replace the screen itself. I'm not entirely convinced this will sort it all out but I do not make any further posts, know that was the issue. Next up is the APIM if I still have problems.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
They replaced apim on mine, but it didn't change a thing. I thinks its the software. Also I was told by the dealer that Ford is using cheaper slower computers than they used to, so they can save a buc or two.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
mine has like a 10 second delay after starting the truck then it will come on.. So far hasnt got any worse

Quick Reply: Screen Blank in the Morning