TSB issued for Sync hangups if USB connected at startup

Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB issued for Sync hangups if USB connected at startup

Just FYI:
There is a TSB (I don't have the number) for Sync reliability problems after vehicle start if USB devices are connected.

The TSB states that the Audio Control Module (ACM) must be reprogrammed to change power on sequencing if the customer states a concern with sync operation at startup.

I personally witnessed the TSB document and subsequent re-programming of my ACM this morning. I don't have enough time on the truck to say for sure that my sync system is more reliable or not but wanted to share with everyone that the TSB exists.

The symptoms are - the sync system was not usable about 1 out of 5 times - requiring a shutdown of the vehicle and opening of the door until the Sync module (APIM) was de-powered and then powered on again... when I say not usable I mean that the voice button, aux buttons result in no voice prompt and the USB port is un-powered.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 PM
The TSB # is 11-10-22 and it looks like it's about a 50/50 shot of it being fixed. Some claim it works and others claim the issues are still there shortly after having it done.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Smile Ok, it's fixed

I have not had one single SYNC failure since the update.

Not to say that things are perfect but it's never been unresponsive.

Remaining issues which are virtually all SYNC / Phone interface problems are:
* txt message reading
* phone book autosync (if I leave autosync enabled then the sync system crashes)

I have to say that it was a complex system problem, not the SYNC module itself but rather an interaction between the Audio Control Module and the SYNC module... it took a while for Ford to get to the bottom of this problem -

Thank You, Ford!

Jon

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Jon!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting. Mine does that almost every time I am listening to pandora via bluetooth on my phone. At first it connects ans plays then mid song a random number of songs in it shuts down. It wont reconnect or recognize my phone or anybody else phone that is also programmed to my sync. AM/FM, sirius, and even the USB drive will still play but nothing through bluetooth like music or phone calls etc.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:32 PM
I had my ACM reflashed last Thursday (22 Dec) with this TSB, and so far have not experienced any further issues with the Sync system doing a spurious reboot/reset with a USB flash memory stick connected to USB2. Normally (previously) by now I would have experienced at least one episode of it in this timeframe.

Obviously if it does it again I'll post here with a followup...and I'll post again in a week or two regardless. But so far so good, and what a relief. (Hopefully I didn't jinx myself by saying that.)

Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Just a followup to confirm that I've had no further occurrences of this problem since the TSB was applied. Yaaay!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
I had all these problems happening about 5 out of 5 time. Quite a pain in the butt.

My truck is being flashed right now. I hope its fixed. Its the only thing i hate about the truck.

Mark

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Looks like ill be asking for them to perform this tsb when I get my oil changed.... Thanks guys!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I had mine done a couple weeks back and now it seems worse then before. I plug a USB stick in and it locks right up...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Had mine flashed today while it was in for an oil change, the service manager said Ford told him when he posted it on their site to inform me that I have to unplug my usb before turning off my truck or it can cause problems,,,, don't get me wrong but shouldn't Ford find a solution to this if they already know there is a problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSB issued for Sync hangups if USB connected at startup