Bluetooth audio setting

Old 11-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth audio setting

Can the bluetooth on my iphone stay connected an return playing when i turn truck off and come back later, or am i missing something.

Kinda retarted to have to say "bluetooth audio" or go threw menu settings everytime i get in truck to listen to music. Thanks

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by ragencajun
Can the bluetooth on my iphone stay connected an return playing when i turn truck off and come back later, or am i missing something.

Kinda retarted to have to say "bluetooth audio" or go threw menu settings everytime i get in truck to listen to music. Thanks
My bluetooth starts my iphone player EVERY time I get in my truck (2011). I can't hear it unless I switch to aux but it's always playing in the background. To me it's annoying because it's hard on iphone's battery life if I don't think to turn it off.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 PM
wow lol mine just will not come back on without saying bluetooth audio or going threw menu. i hit aux it just says line in. thanks for reply though , maybe they will fix with update

Old 12-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Mine was working ok UNTIL I put in the new update...You ever figure out how to work around this cause its a pain in the butt.....And heaven forbid if there is a phone in the truck that has BT

Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR - 2011

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by katpeeler
Mine was working ok UNTIL I put in the new update...You ever figure out how to work around this cause its a pain in the butt.....And heaven forbid if there is a phone in the truck that has BT
yep same here, after I updated you have to go through menus to get it to play, it pisses me off I finally decided to leave my iPod classic in the glovebox connected to the usb but that's annoying because it doesn't start playing for up to 2-3 minutes while it indexes every single time I start the truck

Old 12-12-2011, 09:15 AM
I thought I read there is a menu selection that will make it so it does not index every time...I think it is the "Autoplay" selection? If you turn it to Autoplay On it will not index every time (I think....)

Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by SLW-SVT
yep same here, after I updated you have to go through menus to get it to play, it pisses me off I finally decided to leave my iPod classic in the glovebox connected to the usb but that's annoying because it doesn't start playing for up to 2-3 minutes while it indexes every single time I start the truck
I know this may be a little off subject but Im wondering if "Jailbraking" my itouch will solve this problem...If I aint mistaken you can use different itunes updates for the ipod...

Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
wow lol mine just will not come back on without saying bluetooth audio or going threw menu. i hit aux it just says line in. thanks for reply though , maybe they will fix with update
I am having this same problem...

When I start up the truck, it displays "Sync Line In" and I have to navigate the menus and manually select "Bluetooth Audio". I made sure "Autoplay" is on and this makes no difference... (I have an iphone 4s btw)

It's definitely frustrating, but hopefully there is an easy way to fix it.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Nope jailbreaking doesn't help because mine is, I talked to a sync rep today an you have to always hit the talk button an say bluetooth audio or manual switch it.

I got spoiled with my old pioneer d3 bluetooth lol

Old 01-25-2012, 06:44 PM
This might be a Itouch problem but now if I ever turn off the truck and come back and turn the truck back on it cant find my Itouch...I have to dig thru my settings on my Itouch and hit the "Sync" icon that is under the Blutooth settings in the Itouch...It USED to find it automaticly......Anyone know how to fix this??

Old 04-08-2013, 12:24 AM

If there is a fix or an update for this, I would really like to know about it.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
My 10 XLT's Sync doesn't drop the 'bluetooth audio' setting unless I break the connection by being too far away.

And it's quite a distance too, like 100 feet. If I leave the radio turned on and remote start the truck, Sync will hook up while I'm still inside my crib. ( I kept wondering why I was missing calls!)

If I turn the truck off, leave the phone in the truck, return and start the truck, the 'bluetooth audio' comes back by it's ownself.

The newer Sync doesn't do that???

Last edited by High-ster; 04-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:48 PM
My Sync doesn't do that. Every time I start the truck, Bluetooth will connect but Bluetooth Audio will not start to play even if the display actually reads Bluetooth Media. When I push the voice button, the voice will say "Bluetooth Audio. Please say a command." Then I have to say "Bluetooth Audio" and it will start to play. There is no Autoplay capability even though the Autoplay setting is set to On.

This is a major failing in my book, when an over-hyped, over-advertised system like Sync can't perform a basic operation that a budget priced aftermarket receiver could do flawlessly four years ago (or longer). Quite frankly, I'm surprised and disappointed that this simple feature doesn't work. I'm also a lot ticked off when I have to push the button and say "Bluetooth Audio" every time I get in the truck. Given this, the clumsy user interface and the terrible sound quality, if I buy this truck after my lease is up, the audio system will have to be replaced in it's entirety.

Sorry for the rant.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by '02SilverSS
My Sync doesn't do that. Every time I start the truck, Bluetooth will connect but Bluetooth Audio will not start to play even if the display actually reads Bluetooth Media. When I push the voice button, the voice will say "Bluetooth Audio. Please say a command." Then I have to say "Bluetooth Audio" and it will start to play. There is no Autoplay capability even though the Autoplay setting is set to On.

This is a major failing in my book, when an over-hyped, over-advertised system like Sync can't perform a basic operation that a budget priced aftermarket receiver could do flawlessly four years ago (or longer). Quite frankly, I'm surprised and disappointed that this simple feature doesn't work. I'm also a lot ticked off when I have to push the button and say "Bluetooth Audio" every time I get in the truck. Given this, the clumsy user interface and the terrible sound quality, if I buy this truck after my lease is up, the audio system will have to be replaced in it's entirety.

Sorry for the rant.
I agree about the stock 'Sync's' sound quality from the speakers is lacking, but I bluetooth most everything I listen to so I downloaded "Aneq" a free music equalizer from the Droid Store which allows the user to tweak the lows and highs.

Using that app to boost the treble and decrease the bass enables me to crank it up w/no distortion.

Without the equalizer, the bass is overpowering and highs non-existant.

Back to your problem, since you are bluetoothing and if I were having the same problem, I'd try a different bluetooth device just to verify the one you are using is working correctly. (Maybe you already have)? I've read on the forum of members using Apple devices and not had the correct settings toggled on.

My Sync isn't running the current software update, either. I've never experienced any problems other than user error and if it ain't broke, I ain't fixing it.

Last edited by High-ster; 05-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by High-ster
I agree about the stock 'Sync's' sound quality from the speakers is lacking, but I bluetooth most everything I listen to so I downloaded "Aneq" a free music equalizer from the Droid Store which allows the user to tweak the lows and highs.

Using that app to boost the treble and decrease the bass enables me to crank it up w/no distortion.

Without the equalizer, the bass is overpowering and highs non-existant.
I downloaded the Audioengine Equalizer for Iphone. It might take me a while to tweak it exactly but it looks like it will do exactly what I need in terms of sound quality.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio setting