RCD 5" 4x4 '97-up lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCD 5" 4x4 '97-up lift

Hey folks...
I'm venturing in the world of the F150 after having owned a '01 F250 CC 4x4 with a Fabtech 5.5" kit. I love the truck but have to downsize to pull out some cash to help pay for a divorce...

Anyway, I'm trying to make something fun out of this by researching my options in lifting the new ride. The RCD lift and the Fabtech seem the two best options and I'd like to hear from owners who can are willing to share their experiences. I don't see a whole lot of "lifted" discussions going on aound here. If I'm in the wrong room, please point me to the right one.

The guys at RCD say I can run 35's. I'd like to run 35" BFG MT's and I'm still a little skeptical about them rubbing when off road. I admit the truck will see mostly pavement but on the weekends, the suspension gets put through it's paces. I've even been known to put a little air between the BFG's and the ground...not excessive amounts, but a little from time to time.

I've only had solid-axle 4bys so I can live with a little stiffer than normal ride if that's what I have to do to have a strong, working, lifted suspension under the F150.

Now,... can I get some feedback...? I sure would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Bill McCall
Reno, NV USA

Old 10-19-2002, 01:25 AM
Welcome.

I have a 4' Trailmaster lift with Rancho 9000 and I will have 315 75 16's BFG's under it. The shocks would be a good asset to your system for the sake of changing the ride when you go off road. It is amazing how these shocks change the ride. Welcome to the boards, lots of good info here.

Old 10-19-2002, 03:56 PM
Thumbs up

I have a 00 expy with a 4in rancho always have had good luck with rancho. I have the 9000 shocks but i really never adjust them set them on 3 and it seems to be good.I hear that rcd and rancho are the same kit expect you get bilstiens with the rcd Keep in mind that Rancho has been in the suspension market for over 40 years very good company good luck.

Old 10-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Question

Also I had 35s on mine at first but I droped down to 33s I tow a boat and the 35s took away from low end torque.I do a little offroading in the mammoth area so far so good If you use your truck for a daily driver Iwould go with the 33s just my 2cents good luck

Old 10-19-2002, 10:20 PM
RCD comes with bilstein shocks and those are awesome,
and that suspension with 35 BFG M/T's would look really
good. Bilstein shocks would be good if you like to catch
a little air. But definitly go with RCD.

Quick Reply: RCD 5" 4x4 '97-up lift