2-4 drop for a Screw

Old 10-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2-4 drop for a Screw

What is the best 2-4 drop for the screw. I see belltech among others. Out of everyones experience which one is the best and do I want to get the shocks to match.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:01 AM
I dropped a '99 Reg Cab FS and used a Western Chassis kit. Very impressed with the quality plus the rear is adjustable can go 3, 4 or 5 drop on the rear. Bell Tech has great products but not sure if the rear if adjustable. I like the flexibility if I wanted to put some rake back in the truck. Also running the Doetsch Tech shocks and very impressed with them. My '01 Screw will have to say at stock height since it is 4X4.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Best quality kit=BellTech (don't know about elbrach kit).
Most adjustable rearshackle/hanger =Western Chassis or DJM (don't know about elbrach kit)
Best coil Springs=Any "progressive rate" (spring like elbrach-can't remember correct spelling)
Best drop shock=Nitro "active",Doestch Tech, Blistens. (Ranchos are great, but no drop shocks as of this date)
Best finish=DJM (grey pewter finish)
Best price (including shocks)=Aim or DJM
Problem shocks=Toxic shocks seem to get a little weaker and the expensive edlebrocks can leak.

I paid $175 (classifieds)for a brand new complete DJM 2/4 kit with new Toxic shocks. The fit and finish was first rate with red urathane bushings, heavy duty metal, adjustable and a very nice finish. The toxic shocks do not provide me with a consistent hard ride. Area 52 was correct.

No matter what kit I got, I would ask if the front coil springs are progressive rate and make sure that at least the rear hangers were adjustable.

Last edited by iron horse; 10-11-2002 at 11:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2-4 drop for a Screw