need help.....installed 2.5 leveling kit , cant get front end aligned

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help.....installed 2.5 leveling kit , cant get front end aligned

I installed 2.5" Auto Spring leveling kit. Went to get the alignment done today & they told me they could not do it because my truck sits 1" higher in the front than it does in the rear. Has anyone heard of this or had this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Rouse78; 01-21-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 AM
did they even try or did they just look at the leveling kit and send you on your way? cause if what they are saying is true...then they are having trouble getting caster in spec which is not a tire wearing angle. If anything you will have too much positive caster which isnt really a big deal...you could lift the back end a few inches and bring it back for an alighnment and probably have no problems.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 AM
The last shop I worked at management had a policy of not aligning any vehicle with a modified suspention. Lifted or lowered, they did not want to touch it. Liability issues and no way to properly warranty our work, were the reasons given to customers.
ie. customers come back in a month with a grand worth of superswampers chewed off wanting compensation.
Hopefully thats all it is. By the looks of it there are a lot of guys here with leveling kits. Ask the shop before making your next appointment.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 AM
they looked at the truck, he said that i need to lift the back of the truck 1" before he would try to align it. He said he was not sure he could get it aligned even if I lift the rear.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by Rouse78
they looked at the truck, he said that i need to lift the back of the truck 1" before he would try to align it. He said he was not sure he could get it aligned even if I lift the rear.
he is not BSing you. alot of the time a 2.5" leveling kit will give you too much negative camber which can not be adjusted out, the caster issue wont be a big deal...but if you want the truck level then lift the back to match the front, get it alighned and see what the reading are afterwards, thats about all you can do.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:16 AM
thank you for your help.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 AM
no problem, their is probably quite a number of trucks on this site running too much negative camber with their leveling kits. overall if you rotate your tires often you will be OK.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 AM
thanks again, always on top of those things. I take good care of my stuff. I had an 04 F350 with 12" lift & I did'nt run into to this problem. Just first time messing around with IFS.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Rouse78
thanks again, always on top of those things. I take good care of my stuff. I had an 04 F350 with 12" lift & I did'nt run into to this problem. Just first time messing around with IFS.
In the long run, would it be worth the money to use a leveling kit that would allow you to align the truck to factory specs? I know a lot of people are tempted by some kits because they cost less up front, but is that worth it down the road?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im confused. I dont see how the rear height would effect the front end camber. I would try another shop, even a dealer. Dont tell them you have a leveling kit. i am in the same boat. You might need a camber kit.

Quick Reply: need help.....installed 2.5 leveling kit , cant get front end aligned