2WD lifts

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2WD lifts

What kind of 2WD lifts are people running with out here?
I'm interested in the kit Camburg offers for our trucks. Any experiences?
Here is a link to the site if you all want to see what the heck I'm talkin about.
Camburg Engineering
And yes, I'm going to make a prerunner out of the SCrew.
I hear Fabtech lifts don't hold up too well to real abuse, but how are they for occasional beatings?
Thanks for answering all my Q's.

Old 09-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Hey screwfly--
check this site out http://www.bajaconcepts.com/f150aarm.htm.
I was looking around the other night and found these awesome lifts. I heard that fabtechs are awesome. But this kit is custom fab along with some of fabtech's stuff. The stage 4 looks awesome and i feel that it could hold up some major beating. If i was going to lift a 2wd this is probably what i would go with, but i already have a lifted 4wd so there is no need for me to even be looking. Let me know what you think. oh yea, if the link doesnt work just go to www.bajaconcepts.com and go to the online catalog, then click on truck suspension, and then click on f150 A arm.

Last edited by offroadmaniac; 09-25-2002 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:46 PM
The kit you viewed at the Baja Concepts site is a CST kit. Any lift spindle currently available for the 1997-2002 F-150 will work - including a Bullseye or Fabtech spindle. This kit requires cutting and welding to install - it's not something even an above average mechanic should even try to attempt unless a professional is there to assist. The kit works very well and can run any of the currently available 8" travel coilover shocks, so a Sway-A-Way, King or FOX shock will work. You MUST run fiberglass with the kit and doing so allows the use of a 35" tire - some customers prefer a 37" tire but a 35" is lighter (less weight = less wear) and will perform just as well off-road. If you are building a truck just for looks this kit isn't for you - this kit is meant for off-road use! The most popular rear lift options are a custom Deaver, Alcan, or National spring pack with new 2.0 or 2.5" bodied shocks running to custom mounts.

More information is available over at www.CaliforniaSuperTrucks.com

Jeff @ PLC

Old 10-08-2002, 09:38 PM
long travel

hey, i just came back from the offroad expo in pomona california, the camburg kit for the f-150 is badass but it is like six grand uninstalled i have the cst long travel now with coil overs but. H&m racing and New line make better kit for 5500 installed. www.hnmmotorsports.com, two people are currently running this setup bro just be prepared to spend some money, both H&M and Newline setups produce upto 20" of travel in the front CST is only 13" but it cost alot less. oh by the way the big green truck is a fabtec long travel on 37's so he says.

Last edited by flawcee; 10-09-2002 at 06:47 AM.

Quick Reply: 2WD lifts