Want to drop my rig

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Want to drop my rig

Want to drop my 00' truck.

What would you all suggest? I don't want to do a serious drop though. Beastie is suggestiong a 2" drop shackles (do they make them and where?)

Should I drop the front at all?

I don't want to go too much because we have ****ty roads here.

What would you all suggest?

Thank you
Intel486

Old 09-23-2002, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the Belltech 2" Drop Shackles for my truck. It cost me $50 and I picked them up from a dealer by my house. I forget the name. I think it was Mark at Lightning Force Performance. They did just what I expected them to do which was level out my truck. It took out that "rake" in the back. Looks really good. The pictures in my link are from after the install. Sorry they are so dark and that driveway is angled. I will try to get better pictures eventually online.

Old 09-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't want to go too much because we have ****ty roads here.
I hear ya Intel486, as much as I like the looks of a lowered truck I have to be realistic because I still hop curbs and dividers in traffic jams and also haul plywood/sheetrock to and from as well.

I like the idea of dropping the rear to make it level with the front because that's a compromise that's easy to live with. Judging by where you mostly drive you'll get an I dea of how low you can go.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Want to drop my rig