power steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry power steering problem

As f150's don't come into our country it would be good if someone could give me a hand on this problem i have.
This is a f150 (2000) has been converted to right hand drive in Australia. What happens when you put it in gear with your foo on the brake and turn the steering wheel lock to lock you run out of power assistance.I was told be the importer that it was because i have my foot on the brake and the front wheel can't move.Now i have tried the same thing in an f250 which is imported into our country and it works fine, Is he having a go at me?

Old 09-06-2002, 01:48 AM
sounds like something is funny with the kit. i would really like to see what they have done. sounds like its getting air in the sys. from extreme use. sound funny but that is just the feeling i get from what your saying. is there a web site that shows the kit or what they do. i'm going out of town for a few day's i will check back on this. this has me thinking. thanks

Old 09-07-2002, 08:37 AM
power steering

the kit seems fine, the steering linkages seem fine, no binding up and turns freely.
When you have your foot on the brake pedal and turn say to the right lock, you might only get 1/3 of the way before the power assistance stops working, then if you let your foot of the brake you have assistance again. The aussie f250 doesn't have this problem, but it does have a different suspension setup from the f150. Any thoughts or is this normal?

Quick Reply: power steering problem