"check Susp"

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"check Susp"

Yesteday, I stopped at a Goodyear store nearby - they are the only ones in the area with a tire tester... the thing that simulates driving and will test for a bad tire, bad wheel, bad balance...

Anyway, the store manager said the noise I was getting in the front wasn't a single bad tire - I suspected this, hence the reason for going to that store. He said all of my tires are badly cupped. They are Goodyear Wrangler RTS - OE parts, second set, about 15k on them. He said he'd put a new set on for 50% of the cost... actually seemed fair.

But... back to the "CHECK SUSP"... when I drove out of there the "CHECK SUSP" light was on - it's still on. I've got a '97 with the Load Leveling Suspension - all 4 corners.

The truck is riding like a brick - seems like the airbags must be pumped to their max??? I'm getting a clunk in the drivers front corner....

I'm confused - How can putting the truck on a lift screw-up my suspension this badly?

What should I do?

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2002, 10:51 PM
Look in the corner of the front passenger side under the glove box. There is the switch to turn the suspension on/off. They likely forgot to turn it back on when they finished. It's recommended to be off when the vehicle is jacked up. Hope this is it.

Old 09-02-2002, 08:11 PM
actually, it sounds like they forgot to turn it off before they lifted it. it should slowly get back to normal after a few days of driving.

Old 09-03-2002, 07:50 AM
Tuchy... You nailed it. I read your reply, walked out of the house, looked at the switch - bingo! I love this site!!! Thanks.

Jefflaws... thanks, I was surprised the tech' at Goodyear knew enough to turn it off.

Quick Reply: "check Susp"