load leveling suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post load leveling suspension

well after 40,000 miles on our 98 Expy we have developed a suspension clunk type sound in the front. we have load leveling all around on the truck and of course they are Ford shocks. so i was wondering... do any other companies make load leveling shocks for the front? if so... could i get the name and the web address of them? thanks for all the help ahead of time.

Old 09-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Not that I know, just Ford parts.

However, how do you know it's the shocks? Check the anti-sway bar and especailly the end links. Many people find them either broken or loose.

By the way, mine has the rear LLS and going over sharp bumps like speed bumps, the "rear" gives a sound simalar to that. It's pronounced in colder and wet weather. From tinckering around, it appears that it may be either the lower or upper link. I'm not sure but maybe one of the bushings is worn some? The parts are about $30 each so this winter if it's still there, I may replace one or the other if I can figure out which one it may be. No other signs of problems at all, just a little annoying clunk.

Old 09-01-2002, 04:58 PM
we had the problem in the back and we replaced the shocks under warranty and the sound went away. we had all the bushings and sway bar checked. nothing wrong with them. this was checked at a mechanic's shop not at ford . thanks for the help

Last edited by wannanicecar; 09-01-2002 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: load leveling suspension