3" PA Body Lift for a '01?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 04:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" PA Body Lift for a '01?

I have a 2001, Supercab, and I want a 3" Body lift for it. However all the info on the PA kit says they are only good up to 2000 models. I have seen a few 150's on these boards with the 3" body lift. I tried the search and couldn't answer my questions. Could someone please tell me if that kit would fit? I don't see a lot of difference between the 2000 and the 2001 F150's. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-29-2002, 04:36 AM
sorry to bother everyone, just went to the PA site and found that they say the kit fits 97-01, so I guess I am good! All the parts dealers were telling me 97-00. Sorry to waste your time reading a boring post. Hopefully someone else will find this usefull.

Old 08-29-2002, 03:34 PM
Kory, thanks for the info...I had the same question you did and went to their site and found the info I needed.

Steve

Old 09-05-2002, 01:24 PM
kev
yes it will work on the 01s and 02s

kev

Old 09-06-2002, 01:52 AM
Hey Kev,

Thanks for the reply, your truck looks awesome. That is pretty much how my truck will look soon. I will put the 3" PA lift as soon as my warranty is expired (probably another 8-10 months) and then the BFG AT 35's. In the next month or so I am going to crank the torsion bars in the front, and put an add-a-leaf and a block in the back, just to improve the look. I am very happy to have seen your truck so now I can show my wife what mine will look like, and she will calm down. She's worried it won't fit in the garage! Thanks again, maybe someday I will post some pics and open a gallery. Just to busy right now.

Kev, did you have to trim the front valance after you put the 3" lift on, so that the tow hooks came out right? Or do they come out under the holes? Mine has a small plastic lip on the bottom of the valance that it looks like the tow hooks would get in the way of. Also, does the frame show were the tow hooks holes are?

Last edited by Kory; 09-06-2002 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:39 AM
kev
Yes I did more then trim that little valance under the bumper, I removed the sections right under the tow hooks of that piece using a hacksaw. I know it was tough to do it on such a new truck but it worked out good. It looks great though but yes the frame sticks through some. Look at past archives, some guy made some fiberglass caps over those frame pieces.

I did the same as you, I waited for my warranty to expire before I installed the lift. You can never trust ford when it comes to modifying these things. They will screw you any chance they can get.

kev

Quick Reply: 3" PA Body Lift for a '01?