Dual Front Shock Set-Up...Anyone got it??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 05:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dual Front Shock Set-Up...Anyone got it??

OK, here's my plan. FabTech makes a dual front shock set-up for new 4X4 trucks even with stock lift. I am trying to find out if there set up will accept stock type/length shocks or if you have to use there shocks. I would like to run Edelbrocks. I sent them an e-mail and hope to get a reply this week but thought I'd just ask if anyone else knew? Anyways, anyone running a set up like this??

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/ford4wdf150super.html

Old 08-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Oh well, just found out it doesn't use stock type shocks. You have to use there shocks on the kit PLUS keep the factory shock in it's original location so you would actuall have three shocks on each side in the front. That sucks. The dual set-up would really look good. Anyone know if there's another way to do that or if anyone makes a dual shock hoop set up like that??

Old 08-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you doing this just for looks?

Old 08-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know Rancho makes a dual-shock setup for some models. Check their website to see if they offer one for yours.

Old 08-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Yes, did want to do it just for looks. I wanted to run my own shocks though (Edelbrocks) and I didn't know until contacting them that it actually adds the two shocks to the factory set up. You would still retain the factory shock and these act as additional dampners...not that that's what a shock is anyways. If you go look at the FabTech website (link in first post) they have a picture of a F-150 with the set up. It's sweet. I looked at Rancho. Didn't see anything but sent them an e-mail to find out.

Quick Reply: Dual Front Shock Set-Up...Anyone got it??