rcd or fabtech 2wd lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rcd or fabtech 2wd lift

Those of you who have RCD lifts on your 2 wheel drive trucks do you like them and would you buy again what is the ride like compared between the two. I tried to order a fabtech 7 ultimate and everyones out of the coils. The rcd 6 lift looks just as good and the price is about the same. any draw backs between the two? To me they both look high quality. Im going to try to call some more venders tomorrow.

Dale

Old 08-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Cool RCD

I recently purchased a 6in lift from RCD. I will try to put it on this weekend and monday. If I get it up and running I will let you know how everything works. I can say that the kit does look very high quality and the anti-compression struts that came with my kit are chromed. It should lood very sharp. Also, the Bilstein shocks are supposed to be some of the best shocks you can buy. I am running Rancho RSX's right now and they have set a pretty high standard so I hope that I won't be disappointed. But, I will let you know how it is.

Old 08-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Thanks jamford, I'll be looking for a update. cant wait to hear how it turns out!

Dale Balser

Old 08-17-2002, 06:22 PM
RCD

Man! I got most of the old stuff off of it today. It sure is hot out here in west texas! I am going to visit Lubbock here in a few hours but will be back on Sunday. I will reply later with my progress.

Old 08-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the update

Old 08-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Angry RCD is difficult!

MAN! I have been working at that friggin lift since 9:30 this morning! Now it is 10 o'clock at night and all I have done is the driver's side front. And that is not even completed all the way! There is a spacer that goes on the front crossmember that wouldn't fit. It was supposed to be a 5/8ths hole. Mine was not that large so I called RCD and the SOB that I talked to said that I would,"have to make it work". I was about to go off on that guy and I thought that I will do it later just in case something else goes wrong and I have to call back and I get him. Then my friend called and got a different guy that informed us that they sent out about 200 kits or so with the wrong sized spacer. He then offered to send us one for free, or he told us that we could drill out the existing spacer and that that would work. So I had to go and purchase a $30 drill bit. Now we are to the part where I am supposed to put the extended bumpstop bracket in and the instructions are showing that I am supposed to use a nut and bolt that were already on the truck. The only problem is, there is no nut, it is just a bolt. So, I am really not having fun right now. Today was my day off and I thought for sure that I would have most of it done, if not all of it. So luckily my friend said he would work for me some of the day so that I can get the other side of the front done. I am praying to god that I can get that done tomorrow before work, and then get my amigo to come over and get the rear done. I have heard that putting blocks in the rear is relatively straightforward and easy to do.*FINGERS CROSSED* I can tell you this, as soon as I get this done, I am going to call RCD and tell that one guy that I shouldn't have to "make it work". That is the job of the friggin engineers' that designed the kit. I am sure I will come up with some other stuff to tell him that I can't post here. I am seriously thinking that I should have gone with Fabtech, but I am sure that once I get this all done I will be happy. We are not doing bad for a couple of 21 year olds who have no power tools, doing this in a driveway; in the middle of summer no less! Plus, when I went to Lubbock, I got sick. So that just adds to the enjoyment of my day! At any rate, I will continue to report with my progress.

Old 08-21-2002, 07:55 PM
Smile Good News (Finally)

I was able to get the front almost completely done this morning. I just have to do a little buttoning up and it will be completed. The only thing that I am not able to get finished is the bumpstop brackets but I will be taking a good look at them this evening. I was discouraged at first, because everything seemed so overwhelming. But now I am feeling better about it all. If I can get the front done tonight, then I will possibly have the lift on by Monday of next week. That is when our classes start for my fall semester. Once again, I will keep everyone informed.

Old 08-21-2002, 11:03 PM
Sounds like you guys are having about as much fun as you can have on hot summer day. But thats the way it goes when your sick, hot and things are not just going the way they should you get a hold of the biggest jerk the company employs! But like you said things always are better the next day when you have time to cool off. hope every thing goes well with the rest. keep us posted and take some pics when your done.

dale

Old 08-28-2002, 12:15 AM
Talking Finished!!

I finally got the lift completed!! It took my quite a while, but I finally got it on. I should have a link to some pictures in my signature, but if it doesn't work, just email me if you want to see them. I only have a few, but in the next few days I will get some more. If anyone has any questions about RCD or the tires or anything, just drop me a line.

Old 08-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Try this link

Hopefully this link in my sig will work

Old 08-28-2002, 12:28 AM
Gettin frustrated

Try this one

Old 08-28-2002, 09:06 PM
you say that you put this lift together yourself? that sounds like something i want to do to save some money when i get mine. im gonna buy a 6 inch suspension and 4 inch body with 35's. do you think someone with very little knowledge of what under there could successfully lift his truck. and if so... please tell me what kind of tools i would need to jack this baby up. f150 94 5.8

Old 08-29-2002, 02:51 AM
Lifts

I have never put a lift on any kind of vehicle before I did mine. As a matter of fact, I have never even changed my own oil. The biggest thing I have ever done is putting new shocks on. The only tools that I used were a 2 Ton floor jack, a set of sockets, a torque wrench, a pair of needle nose pliers, a hammer(unfortunately), jack stands. and then I was able to rent the pitman arm puller and a coil spring compressor from AutoZone for free. All you have to do is pay the deposit and they give it back to you when you are done. Other than all this stuff, you just need some time, a relatively level place to work(I did mine in my Dad's driveway), and the willingness to put a lot of hard work and late nights into it. It took me a lot longer than I expected, so it helps if you have another car to drive around while you are working on the truck. It was a LOT of hard work, but now that I look back on it, it was well worth it. As for the body lift, I haven't done one of those, so I can't tell you from experience, but I have heard that it is easier to do than a suspension lift. Whatever you do, good luck and enjoy your hard work when it is all said and done.

Old 08-29-2002, 10:36 PM
looks good jam!! I went with a fabtech 7 Ultimate with 315 75 16's I have to get another set of rims with a diff offset then ill be set.

Dale
http://*****************************...x75/125753.jpg

Last edited by mr2x75; 08-29-2002 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:44 PM
Lifts

Thanks for the compliment! You have to send me a pic of that Fabtech lift! I was thinking about going with that one so I am anxious to see what it would have looked like. Good luck

Quick Reply: rcd or fabtech 2wd lift