Lightning suspension...

Old 08-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightning suspension...

I just picked up front springs, shocks and rear shackles from a 2001 lightning for installation on my 99 XLT F-150 Supercab Flareside 2wd. How much of a difference will I notice in handling and how much lower will the truck be. Will it be easy to tell that the truck has been lowered? Thanks.

Old 08-10-2002, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Colin,

I just did the same thing on my 2001 SCrew. The front and rear dropped about 1 1/2" with the SVT coils and 2" drop shackles. I did have to change out my Edelbrocks on the front due to the "working" height of this shock not being compatible with the drop. I picked up some Bilsteins from the Ford dealer for $35 each and it rides great now.
One thing I noticed (besides the truck looking better with the drop) was the quicker steering response and an overall "lighter feel" of steering. You will also notice (a little) it will take 90 degree turns flatter because of the slight drop in center of gravity. As for you noticing it is lower...yes. But someone else might not. The SCrews seem to be way too high to begin with, so dropping it an inch and a half probably makes it look stock to others.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lightning suspension...