Cadillac F-150 (thanks to Rancho)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadillac F-150 (thanks to Rancho)

Well, I spent the money and got the 9000's. I finished getting them on last evening, and let me tell you, it's a completely different vehicle. Smooth ride, almost no roll, etc, etc, etc. I would recommend them to anyone who asks my opinion. I'm going to run them for a week or so on each setting to get a feel for what I want as far as ride quality. They're on 3 right now and (obviously), it seems to be a good "middle of the road" setting. A few tips for those of you who want to tackle this yourself. 1) make sure you have tough skin on the tops of your fingers. 2) have all of your tools (sockets, wrenches, and yes, a small crescent wrench) readily available under the truck so you don't have to climb out from under it every 2 minutes. 3) pay attention when you tighten down the top mounting nuts as to not smash the bushing down to half it's original size. 4) keep track of the zip ties so you don't lose one and have to make another one from 2 shorter ties. 5) don't let your wrenches get wedged against the frame because you'll have to loosen the mounting nuts again to get it back. 6) don't bump your head on anything metal. 7) wash your hands thoroughly before you put the stickers on the rear shocks. you might leave grubby fingerprints on the sticky side (this is bad because the sticker is transparent). or you could put them on before you install the shock. 7) replace them on a weekend.

Other than those few things to keep in mind, it went fairly smooth. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Old 08-13-2002, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great stuff! i did the same install and all of these are good ideas! However I didn't put the stickers on.

2 more additions to the list, 1) make sure you have all of the NEW parts before you remove your old shocks 2) the new red boots go much further down the shock body than you think!

other than that, what a great ride and I too would highly suggest the 9000's to anyone for any driving condition.

Quick Reply: Cadillac F-150 (thanks to Rancho)