Rancho Shocks in FX4 package

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Rancho Shocks in FX4 package

Does anybody know which Rancho Shocks are used in FX4 package? I am guessing either the 5000 or RSX. Also how do they ride in comparision to a normal Supercrew without FX4 package. I have a 2001 Supercrew 4X4(Feb 2000) with heavy duty shocks included in tow package and am considering changing them out to RS5000 or RSX andtrying to get comparisions about ride and handling differences. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 07-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Rancho's on the FX4 are not comparable to any of the aftermarket Rancho's. They are made to Ford's specifications by Rancho. The parant company to Rancho has been supplying OEM shocks to Ford for years. The FX4 shocks are the same as your and my 2001 heavy duty shocks, except they are painted white and have a red boot and Rancho sticker. Any of the aftermarket Rancho's will be a step up from the OEM shocks. I suspect Ford is just cashing in on the Rancho name like Chevy and Toyota are doing with Bilstien. You can bet those OEM Bilstien's are a lot different than the aftermarket Bilstiens also.

Old 07-28-2002, 03:28 AM
The FX4 package shocks are generic Rancho's. They are just a look-a-like shock used to promote the sales of the trucks in mass production. Can you imagine what it would really cost to put REAL Rancho's on all the FX4's Ford makes? Uh huh, That's why they go the cheap route and use just a heavy duty shock and paint em' to look like Rancho's. It's just a gimmick. So buyer beware!

Old 07-29-2002, 08:29 AM
GoldSuperCrew -

I have the Rancho RS5000's and they are a stiff riding shock. That is what I was looking for. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Rancho Shocks in FX4 package