Air-Suspension vs. Gas-Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Air-Suspension vs. Gas-Suspension

All of the trucks now are using gas pressured independent suspension now. But why? Some vehicles use air suspension, which I feel would be more better on gas mileage, and overall performance. Set me straight if I am wrong.

Anti-Honda

Old 07-31-2002, 11:28 AM
Re: Air-Suspension vs. Gas-Suspension

Better Gas Mileage?

Old 08-02-2002, 12:58 PM
I run nitrogen in my Suspension..........heres a pic of the rear. This pic was taken while under construction so dont flame me please.

Old 08-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Angry

Originally posted by shanker_ec
I run nitrogen in my Suspension..........heres a pic of the rear. This pic was taken while under construction so dont flame me please.

I would take Nitrogen anyday. There will be no flaming . If I wanted to use nitrogen or air suspension instead of the stock gas, would that mean I would have to get an entirely new set of suspension?

Anti-Honda

Old 08-02-2002, 11:34 PM
Stock Steel springs you mean...if your thinking gas shocks thats different...I dont even have Leaf springs inthe rear or coil springs up front anymore...Air Bags instead.....or shall I say Air Springs...I just use Nitrogen to adjust them on the fly w/ electric valves....there are a hundered ways of doing it...mine in particular is a 3link rear suspension.....trailing arms w/ a panhard rod...the bags are mounted 2:1 style on the trailing arms for a total of 13" of lift...I can go from stock height to the frame sitting onthe ground......i love it...average install is about 3800 bux for a quality job.

Old 08-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Angry

I have done a lot of homework on suspension parts, components, and general physics of it. But the cost...I have yet to learn. If you off-road which suspension would be better? I would like to find a way to purchase or design re-enforced steel suspension but I guess it will be a decision between, gas, air, or aftermarket.

Anti-Honda

Quick Reply: Air-Suspension vs. Gas-Suspension