any of you guys with lifted trucks have a roll pan for a rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any of you guys with lifted trucks have a roll pan for a rear bumper?

got any pics? my rear bumper is in pretty bad shape and i can get a roll pan from a friend very cheap. i know they look good on lowered trucks, but im curious as to how they look on lifted trucks. thanks!

Old 07-25-2002, 05:07 PM
Thumbs up

I had a roll pan on my 1990 4x4. It was up on 35" tires and it looked good to me. Don't have any pictures anymore though.

This month's Truckin' magazine has a SuperCrew with a roll pan, you may want to check it out.

Old 07-25-2002, 05:38 PM
Donate that would be a great idea...cuz you have that body lift and your rear bumper sits a lil low right? This way you wouldn't be able to even tell.
I've seen a few chevy's with them and they look fine...even for being on a chevy...I say go for it.

Old 07-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SPROCKET_X
Donate that would be a great idea...cuz you have that body lift and your rear bumper sits a lil low right? This way you wouldn't be able to even tell...
that's EXACTLY what i was thinking, im gonna go for it. anyone know how much it costs to get one of those painted?

Old 07-25-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey Donate!!!! I just thought of something.
You might want to make sure it mounts to the body and not the frame, if it mounts to the frame it would still have the body lift gap.

Old 07-25-2002, 09:04 PM
If I still lived in Lauderdale I would paint it for ya. I would imagine a local paint shop would do it for under $50, depending on the quality of paint used of course.

Old 07-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SPROCKET_X
Hey Donate!!!! I just thought of something.
You might want to make sure it mounts to the body and not the frame, if it mounts to the frame it would still have the body lift gap.
i wondered the same thing. you think that if i get a fiberglass and it still hangs down, maybe i can re-drill some new holes to make it match? im getting it used and pretty cheap so im not too worried if i mess it up.

Originally posted by languru
If I still lived in Lauderdale I would paint it for ya. I would imagine a local paint shop would do it for under $50, depending on the quality of paint used of course.
you sure you dont want to move back down here? i guess $50 isn't too bad. i want to repaint the truck in about 2 years or so, so maybe i could just tell them to use the cheapest paint for now and then when i redo the whole truck they can use some good paint.

thanks for the tips, guys!

Old 07-25-2002, 09:46 PM
go for it Donate...since it is fiberglass I doubt it wouldn't be to much trouble mounting it to the body if it mounts to the frame.

Old 07-28-2002, 09:20 PM
Most, if not all, roll pans mount to the body. I have never seen one that mounted to the frame. Stillen, Sir Michaels, all the quality ones mount with screws or rivets.

Also, one thing I found out about the hard way was that in my state, PA, it is illegal to take off the bumper. You may want to check your laws out before investing the time and money.

Old 07-28-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by languru
Also, one thing I found out about the hard way was that in my state, PA, it is illegal to take off the bumper. You may want to check your laws out before investing the time and money.
thats true, i should check that before anything. thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: any of you guys with lifted trucks have a roll pan for a rear bumper?