Rancho RS5000 Shocks

Old 07-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Rancho RS5000 Shocks

If I install a set of Rancho RS5000 shock absorbers on my truck, could I tell a difference between the factory shocks and the Rancho's? Will they give me a better highway ride? How do they handle/feel? I want to know from someone who has experienced this firsthand. TIA...Joe.

Old 07-24-2002, 11:41 PM
Thumbs up rancho shocks

I am not sure how much differance between the rancho 5000 and the rancho 9000s 5 way selectable shocks , But I just installed a pair of 9000s in the rear of my f150 S-Crew , and I did notice a nice diferance in ride right away , firmer and less "bouncy" ride , and even cranked up all the way to 5 setting , I was still happy with the ride comfort! , the true test will be next week when I pull my 6000 lb Travel trailer aprox 2500-3500 miles round trip , I will try to post here again when I return in a couple weeks! I paid only $69 for each shock through Fourwheel parts .com I think they are doing a free shipping deal on the internet , but I ordered from my local store in Colorado Springs , and they UPS'd them from Denver to my door in two days for $7.50 not too bad! I have heard people say the dial setting is too gimickey ? (sp) but I figure set them where you like um and leave it till you have to hall a heavy load or something , cool ! idea and it does work!
good luck the Rancho's are nice shocks , they are some other good ones out there as well , edelbrock , kyb , just to name a few!
take it easy , Skully

Old 07-25-2002, 12:44 AM
Thank for the info Skully. I saw some Edelbrock IAS Performer shocks that have the constantly adjusting valve inside of them. They adjust with the terrian. I think they're like $69.95 per shock. I might just get those instead, but the Rancho's are not out of the question either. I have'nt made my mind up. I'll do a little more research before I buy a set though.

Old 07-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Peacemaker,

I have run the 5000's for around 10 years, on several different vehicles. I like them. The price is right and they last. One drawback, they will make your truck ride like a truck. They will stiffen up the ride some. I have never minded that, but you may.

I have thought of the 9000's many times, but don't think I would fool with adjusting them. I would rather a shock do it's job and me not have to think about it.

The RSX might be a good choice for you if you think the 5000's will be too stiff.

My favorite truck shock is Bilstein, but they have just about priced their shocks too high for me.

Good luck, Rich.

Old 07-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by hikerrich
...I have run the 5000's for around 10 years, on several different vehicles. I like them. The price is right and they last. One drawback, they will make your truck ride like a truck. They will stiffen up the ride some. I have never minded that, but you may...
he's right. i run the 5000's and i love them, but i dont mind my truck riding like a truck. they will definitely stiffen up your ride, give you less body roll and theyre great off-road, but if comfort isimportant to you i would either go with the 9000's or the edelbrock's.

Old 07-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks Donate54 and hikerrich. Thanks for the info. I'm glad you told me they are stiff shocks, because highway ride comfort is what I'm looking for. I don't go off-road much, so the RSX's or the Edelbrock's are my choices for now.

Old 07-27-2002, 02:18 AM
Peacemaker---

I run the Rancho 9000's and they were an immediate differnece over the factory shocks. I went with the 9000's for the adjustment option. I to, like Skully, tow a TT and I adjust the rears when I hook up. It's a matter of personal preference. I like the option.

Old 07-30-2002, 09:10 AM
I have RS5000's too and agree with everyone else. I got mine for cheap because someone here did not like the ride.

I had the factory "HD" shocks in my truck and at 35,000 miles or so when I replaced them, none were worth a damn (you could move them up and down with your hands easily). One of them even came apart completely when I removed it, everything came out, the oil everything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rancho RS5000 Shocks