Popping, Cracking with flex and turn...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Popping, Cracking with flex and turn...

I've got a 02 SuperCrew FX4 and have noticed a pop or crack sound from underneath when coming down a steep grade and turning to the right. I notice this this weekend while in Gatlinburg TN. Comming down Ski View Dr. there is a four way stop that requires a sharp downward right turn onto Wiley Oakley. After the stop when I make the turn I hear a loud crack or pop from the rear suspension. I have made this turn lots of times with my 99 supercab 4x4 but never noticed any noises. I don't consider the flex that occurs with making this turn to be excessive....should I be concerned with this noise and should I have it checked out???? I've also noticed a similar noise while backing out of the drive way and turning to the left (this occurs very seldom).

Old 07-10-2002, 07:17 AM
MY 02 Fx4 does the exact same thing. I can only think its one of the torsion bars. If you find out anything let us know..

Old 07-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Unhappy

My pickup has been doing the exact same thing. I have been listening to the pops and cracks for months- anytime I turn into the driveway or a parking slot. It is in the Ford dealer's shop right now. I went by today and they had it in the garage listening to the noises. They can't figure out what is causing the noises but are replacing the upper and lower control arms, tie rod ends, and sway bar. I will see it any of this works. I was also guessing it was the torsion bars. Anyway something is not right and a pickup with only 30K miles should not making weird noises.

Quick Reply: Popping, Cracking with flex and turn...