shackle install

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question shackle install

JUst received beltech drop shackles.Problem I'm having is that the frame sets so high, I can't even get 6ton rated floor jacks high enough to reach the frame.I have just a 2002 super cab no 4 wheel drive truck.I am doing the aim drop shackle install which requires both back wheels have to be off the ground.And then you floor jack the rear end to manipulate the height adjustment to get the top bolt out as well as support the rear end.I've used blocks as well.Does anybody have suggestions.Im trying to save $100.00 by doing it myself.

Thanx
Dave

Old 06-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Dave, i ran into the same problem when i rotate my tires. The stock jack is too short, so i had to put it on a patio block for the front (and the HD's are stock lowered too!) and my 2 ton hydrolic floor jack was about 1/4 inch too short for the back. So i had to put that on a patio block too. I'll be listening here, because i wanna drop the rear 2"s also. If its not too much trouble, could you take some pics during the install? Never lowered a vehicle before. Also, where are you jacking up the rear of the truck? the hitch? I don't have one, so would the bumper work? THanks

Old 06-28-2002, 04:14 PM
SHACKLES

I know the manual says not to ( I believe for liability reasons ) but I jacked the rear end up by the differential. Then placed jack stands under the frame rails on each side. ( be sure to block the front wheels ) You'll then need the floor jack to adjust the shackles/springs into place.

Old 06-28-2002, 04:29 PM
Yeah I did that the first time and when I lowered it the tires came back down to the ground.
Dave

Old 06-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Josh....Go to...How to articles,on this site and click on fordf150.net thats where i got my install info.I will also keep you posted.
Dave

Old 06-28-2002, 04:52 PM
aight, thanks david, i'll check that out

Quick Reply: shackle install