Verdict on Fabtech

Old 06-23-2002, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Verdict on Fabtech

OK, I got the tires. I am changing the gear ratio from 3.55 to 4.10 and I will have to go with the 3" Fabtech Spindle lift. Fabtech is the only spindle lift for 2WDs that truck shops in the Carolina carry. In fact, when I inquired about kits like ProComp, the sales guy at one shop told me ProComp was worthless.

Is the Fabtech spindle lift worth its weight in gold? Will it take the abuse of off-road and still drive like a car on the road?

What's the verdict on Fabtech from those of you running this kit?

Old 07-16-2002, 05:53 PM
four years and no issues

Old 07-17-2002, 02:23 AM
The Fabtech spindle is the same as the Bullseye spindle. If you pay more than $499 for just the spindle you've paid too much. Spindles are generally very strong and can withstand more than the rest of the truck is capable of. They are not worth their weight in gold however. They are a quick and easy way to provide more lift... but, and there is always a but... they won't do much to improve the off-road ride. For off-road driving you need a better spring rate than Ford includes from the factory and you need better shocks. Avoid Fabtech shocks like the plague, they are, in my opinion, junk. The shocks are what will make or break the trucks ride - spend more on the shocks and less on other things and you'll be much better off. I hate it when someone spends a ton of money on a lift kit or wheels and tires and then spends $29.95 on shocks. You cannot buy a really good shock for less than $65 bucks.

Jeff @ PLC
www.PerformanceLifts.com

Old 07-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Why not get your spindles shipped to you and install them yourself . It is easier than you think and it does not take any special tools . I did mine in about three hours , if you need someone to walk you through it just ask in the forums or email me . If you want a good spindle without a inflated price check this place out

http://www.truckn-store.com/product....lt.asp&ID=8523

Old 08-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Fabtech spindles are pretty much the same as everyone else's but as far as the rest of the kits they are all mass produced unlike other lift companies who hand build there control arms there upper control arm kit is very weak offroad but the longtravel kit will normally break the truck or a ball joint before it gives out check out california super trucks if you want something strong enough to beat on.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=1680

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Verdict on Fabtech