warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question warranty issues

Am considering leveling and helper springs for appearance and increased payload.Have a 2002 f150 and in speaking with a ford service advisor, he said that their was a 1 to 3 degree tolerance for the driveshaft position.He said that ford wasn't petty about some changes but one guys warranty was voided because their was vibration issues with his tranny and after numerous phone calls back and forth voided him. What is the general consenus about such issues with the members here? Can changes in suspension lead to other problems with the truck?

Thanx in advance
Dave

Old 06-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Modifications will only void your warranty if the modification is the cause of the problem.
If you lift the truck and your fuel pump dies the warranty is not voided.
In the same way a super charger will void the motor but not the suspension (assuming stock height)

Ford however will fight you tooth and nail that the lift was the cause of the fuel pump dying

A friend has a focus and the dealer overtightened all the wheel studs and they stripped while doing a rotation at his house and ford tried to say it was because he put on aftermarket rims. He only has the stock 16 inch rims but the SM at ford said they were aftermarket. He got averything fixed under warranty after a little fight about how the rims were stock.

Old 06-14-2002, 11:55 PM
I'm sure that some suspension mods could cause a problem with the warranty but definetly not with the engine. I'm lifted and my truck has not had one problem since the lift. I don't think minor changes to your truck will violate your warranty but in the end it's up to your dealer.

Bob

Quick Reply: warranty issues